Unity of our country

'United we stand, Divided we fall.'

For the next few days, Adi stayed busy as there was an high chance for communal riots in the country.

Ranjan: Sir, we really need to do something about this issue. Many communal groups are voicing their support for Adhiyaman.

Adi stayed calm.

Ranjan: Why don't we release Adhiyaman?

Adi: Silar prachanai pandranga nu naama release panna aarambicha country run panna mudiyadhu, Ranjan.

Ranjan nodded his head pensively.

Ranjan: Sir, you know everything. But conditions are not looking so good. Makkalukulla verupaadu vandhuruchi. Ipdiye pona kalavaram varumo nu yosanai ah irukku.

Already we have issued prohibitory order under section 144 to certain places of the country.

Adi: Call for press conference.

Ranjan: Sir, I don't get it.

Adi: This is my people, Ranjan. They will listen to me.

Ranjan smiled with a new ray of hope.

As soon as the news of his press conference released, whole country awaited for the moment.

Suhasini saw the news and felt sad for her husband. Empress Dowager and King had same hope of revival in their country.

Rajeev was smiling when the news of press conference came out.

Big guy: Sir, you seem to be in a good mood.

Rajeev: He is becoming weak. He is using his last Trump card.

Big guy: I don't get it.

Rajeev: Big guy, open your eyes and see. Country is already divided. Majority groups are fighting against minorities. Country is in peril. This is an huge head ache for that Adi.

Enna da pandradhu nu theriyama avane erangi vandhu pesa poran. Ha ha ha ha ha.

But do you think people will listen to him?? No way... I'm catapulting the news of those girls death. Corrupted men will always be corrupted and they will always be on my side.

Idhu ipdiye pona enna aagum??? Adi's government will be toppled. Adhiyaman is in jail. His party is in my hand.

My ruling days are so near, Big guy.

Big guy: Good to see you smiling, sir.

Rajeev: Enna??

Big guy: Nothing sir. I'm so happy to see you like this.

Oru doubt sir. If you form a government, how will you bring a state of unity in country??

Rajeev: Edhuku kondu varanum?? Adichikitte Irukkatum.. appo dhaan namma arasiyal panna mudiyum...

Big guy: You are so cunning, sir.

His mind voice: Unga kitte irundhu indha country eh andha Aandavan dhaan kaapathanum.

Suhasini sat in front of TV anxiously. She saw Adi's face as he stood in front of Podium. He was unusually calm and nobody was able to read his mind. But she knew what he was worried about. She prayed for her husband.

Adi adjusted his tie and touched the mic.

Adi: Dear brothers and sisters of my motherland, I am here to address the ongoing issue in our country.

He took a deep breath.

Adi: I'm sorry, but I don't want to be a ruler. I don't want to rule or conquer anyone. I should like to help everyone - if possible - minority, majority, men and women. We all want to help one another. Human beings are like that. We want to live by each other's happiness - not by each other's misery. We don't want to hate and despise one another. In this world there is room for everyone. And the good earth is rich and can provide for everyone. The way of life can be free and beautiful, but we have lost the way.

Greed has poisoned men's souls, has barricaded the world with hate, has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed. We have developed speed, but we have shut ourselves in. Machinery that gives abundance has left us in want. Our knowledge has made us cynical. Our cleverness, hard and unkind. We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery we need humanity. More than cleverness we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost...

Even now my voice is reaching millions throughout the country - millions of despairing men, women, and little children.

To those who can hear me, I say - do not despair. The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of greed - the bitterness of men who fear the way of human progress. The hate of men will pass, and corruptionists die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, unity will never perish...

People! don't give yourselves to brutes - men who despise you - enslave you - who regiment your lives - tell you what to do - what to think and what to feel! Who drill you - diet you - treat you like cattle, use you as cannon fodder. Don't give yourselves to these unnatural men - machine men with machine minds and machine hearts! You are not machines! You are not cattle! You are men! You have the love of humanity in your hearts! You don't hate! Only the unloved hate - the unloved and the unnatural! People! Fight for unity!

In the 17th Chapter of St Luke it is written: "the Kingdom of God is within man" - not one man nor a group of men, but in all men! In you! You, the people have the power - the power to create machines. The power to create happiness! You, the people, have the power to make this life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure.

Then - in the name of democracy - let us use that power - let us all unite. Let us fight for a new world - a decent world that will give men a chance to work - that will give youth a future and old age a security.

Corruptionists free themselves but they enslave the people! Now let us fight to fulfil that promise! Let us fight to free the world - to do away with national barriers - to do away with greed, with hate and intolerance. Let us fight for a world of reason, a world where science and progress will lead to all men's happiness. People! in the name of democracy, let us all unite!

Adi's words moved people to tears. Suhasini wiped her tears. Empress and King were stunned from his speech.

He never wanted to be their ruler, he was forced to rule. Yet he did great job. He gave his years of youth to keep the country united and harmonious. It pained his heart to see the country, he cherished, falling apart in front of his eyes.

He never stepped down from his duties. He always gave his best when it came to ruling the country. He worked like a servant instead of a ruler.

Adi: I live until the unity in this country lives.

He stepped down from the podium. Entire hall was silent. No media person raised their hand for questions. Everybody in that hall was stupified.

Rajeev was looking so happy as he watched the TV.

Rajeev: The great Aditya Mahadev is stepping down... Look look...

Big guy wiped his eyes.

Big guy: he is stepping down to raise higher.

Rajeev: Enna edhuvum pesa matre???

Big guy: ipdi ellam pesuna makkal nambiduvangala??? You are going to rule this country, boss.

Rajeev: Apdi sollu... Naalaiku Avan resign pandrana illaya nu paaru...

Big guy: un aasai...

*Author's note: Hello folks, I will try to post frequently. Sorry for keeping you all waiting. Chapter epdi irukku nu sollunga. Pidicha votes and comments please.

Middle speech by Adi is originally from Charlie Chaplin's movie Dictator.

Your votes are my boost😍😍😍