Accident

'Thank you for the pain.
It made me raise my game.'

Prerna received a call from her mother unexpectedly.

Prerna: Sollu Maa.. Edhuku call panne?? Idhu month beginning kooda illaye...

Mom: Prerna... Un kitte kaasu kudukka mattum dhaan naan pesuvana??

Prerna: pinna vera edhuku pesuve??? Unaku dhaan un family irukke...

Mom: enaku un melaiyum akkarai irukku de...

Prerna: Nambura maari edhachi Sollu... Sari adhellam irukkatum.. Ippo Enna vishayama call panne??

Mom: Onnum illa... Join me for lunch in Hotel Grand...

Prerna felt something wrong.. But she could not guess..

Prerna: naana?? Aren't you afraid of your current husband?? What will he say if he sees us together??

Mom: It was his idea to meet you...

Prerna: I'm not coming...

Mom: Ammakaga vaa... Believe me.. Please..

She thought for a minute and then decided to go.

Prerna: Sari varen....

She then called Suhasini and informed her about her lunch plan as she left Magic in Rohit's care.

------

Hotel Grand...

She entered and informed her table number.. She was taken to a table.. Strangely her mom was not there.. Instead her step-father and an average looking guy sat there. She knew that guy by heart. He was Vijay, a womanizer..

Step-father: Vaa Prerna..

Prerna: Amma enga???

Step-father: Ava veetle irukka.. Aren't your elder sister getting married??? So she is very busy...

This elder sister was his own daughter from his first marriage. Her mother cared for that girl more than her. They were searching her a suitable groom to get her married to a wealthy family. Even though her step-dad was rich, he did not allow her mother to visit her. So her mother gave her money like sponsorship. She stopped receiving that money after starting her work in Magic.

Prerna: oh.. She said that she will be here.. Then I will leave you both to your business..

Vijay: Prerna.. Enga pore??

Prerna: Vijay... I did not expect to see you here...

Vijay: I was waiting for this day nu sollalam.. Andha alavuku unnai Paaka wait pandren...

Prerna: Sorry I don't have time.. See you later..

Step-father: Prerna... Naan soldradhe muzhusa kelu... Naanum un amma vum unnai Vijay ku Kalyanam pannalam nu mudivu pannirukom..

Prerna: What?? Neenga epdi enakaga decide pandringa?? Enaku puriyaleiye..

Step-father: We know that you are seeing younger Prince... But do you think that you have chance with him?? He will use you and throw you away..

But Vijay apdi illa... Vijay eh Unaku already theriyum.. They are doing business and well settled.. They are even ready to collaborate with us..

Then everything started to make sense to her..

Prerna: So you are trying to sell me off to this person???

Step-father: Think about your mom... Your elder sister has more chance with Prince.. She had even met him in few family gatherings.. Their marriage proposal will be accepted by palace..