King's Robe

'Treat her like a Queen and She'll make you her King.'

Adi brought her back to their chamber. He was not able to meet her eyes. She sat on the edge of their bed. Her eyes were red. He slouched and sat in front of her on the ground..

Adi: Hasini.... I'm sorry..

Suhasini looked at him wordlessly. Her eyes had neither anger nor peace. They looked like a pool of endlessness..

Adi: Don't feel bad for whatever she said darling.. Mistake is not yours.. It was mine.. It is mine.. I'm the one using protection until now..

He said restlessly.. He was not able to accept the things happened..

Suhasini: Adi.. Calm down... I'm not angry with you... Her words just hurt me at that moment.. But when I think back now, those words don't mean anything to me.. We have our whole life ahead.. We can plan..

I know you would have a good reason to use protection.. I don't blame you..

Adi inhaled and left a huge sigh..

Adi: I don't want you to be caged in this castle..

Suhasini: What???...

Adi: You know my mother right??

She nodded her head softly..

Adi: My mom got married to my dad in very young age.. I was born just after an year.. She gave birth to Eeshwar in 2 years..

As a royal, she was always expected to have more kids.. Oorvashi was conceived 8 years later and that pregnancy turned out to be very crucial for mother.. We almost lost mom when she gave birth to her..

Mom lived her whole life around us.. When we reached 10 or something, we left for boarding schools for education.. Mother lost all her young years for us.. She never lived for herself and Father was PM and King at that time.. He had so many things on his shoulders.. He was not there when she suffered.. She suffered wordlessly behind this longs walls.

My mother smiled only when you entered this family.. You brought that light back.. And I cannot take it from you right??.. I cannot kill your aspirations just because you became a royal, right???

You are just 23.. I want you to achieve everything you wish.. For that cause, I have always been pensive about children.. You are my wife.. Not my breeding tool... I don't want you to go through that pain and gruesome.. But I made my mind when you said okay for children.

We will have children only when we are ready.. Not when others force us to do..

And I'm extremely sorry for not telling you this before...

Suhasini slowly combed through his hair... He then looked at her..

Suhasini: yean ivlo soldre??

Adi: yean?? Kashta paduthitena??

Suhasini: Ennai indha ulagathule Kashta padutha mudiyadha ore jeevan nee dhaan..

I always knew you had your reasons and I also knew I'm part of them..

Adi: Hasini...

Suhasini: Adi.. yaaro oruthanga soldra vaarthaikellam naan Kashta paduven nu nee nenaikuriya???

Enaku theriyale.. Enaku andha nimisham Enna feel aachi nu... But everything got better when you came and defended me like you always do...

Ippo elinchiru.. Get up.. Get up.. I don't want my king to slouch on our day... Come... Sit next to me...