《Rose》Unraveling Scar

Reviewer:- therosepoetk

Unraveling Scar by CoolIceStone13

Okay, so about your title. I guess that you are trying to send out that theme of ominous feelings and such, but I don’t really think that your title portrays that well and represents your story in the way that it should.

I believe this is because scars cannot be unraveled, and I just think the choice of words in this context makes it sound unappealing.

This is just my opinion, of course, but feel free to change the title of your story if you wish. It’s up to you. The cover is super dark and mysterious, which is pretty good.

I just think I can’t see too much detail from it - I’m catching a glimpse of an eye staring out into the distance, but other than that, not much. If you want your cover to remain mysterious and intriguing in this manner, that’s great, but again, the cover should also say a bit about your book as it attracts the reader in some way. The blurb structure is amazing - I love the quotes, the words that sound similar to dialogue, all of it.

The only stepping stone of improvement I see here is the ending, where you push forward all of these questions that you hope to answer in your story. Why are you pushing all the questions at the end? What are you hoping that this strategy achieves? I’m not judging you or anything on this blurb creating process, but I do suggest you think things a little over beforehand.

Anyways, the opening is splendid. Just from the hazy, tired woman to what is happening around her, I am a huge fan of the way you narrate the events.

A lot of writers that I critique struggle with that kind of easy flow, and I’m really glad that you’ve got the hang of it. It makes both of our roles easier. The plot seems to be moving forward so far, and I like the direction in which your story is heading. The characters all seem interesting and diverse to some degree right now, but since you are just starting out, I’d like to see how their relationships are with one another and how they change and fluctuate over the course of the plot. The emotional appeal is really there, and your grammar is pretty great. I didn’t catch any errors that I can name off the top of my head, so that’s good, but I do always suggest checking over your writing before posting and putting it through online editors, etc. But overall, I think your story has a lot of potential, and I can’t wait to see all of your talent unravel before my eyes, my friend!