《Rose》Loving Love

Reviewer: therosepoetk
Written by: Cool_JS

The title itself is pretty intriguing, and I’m already sort of interested in what the story is going to be about. Is there going to be a character that doesn’t want to fall in love, and ends up falling for someone anyways? It sounds super interesting, and I like the title overall. The cover is also nice and simple, and I like how it’s all shadowy and ominous. If you’re trying to give that sort of impression to your reader that this kind of romantic relationship is also mysterious and needs communication, I’m getting that message. Your blurb is also great, and I like how it has quotations that are properly directed from the book. A lot of people write their blurb through first person and quotes that are not exactly well-referenced, so I’m glad that your blurb is actually done well. Onto the opening. The opening is pretty fine, and I think it could pass off as mediocre, to be honest. I do like the scene of a rich family’s mansion morning, as it already gives the impression to the readers on what the characters will be about and what they stand for. I think you can work on your grammar and flow, and I’m saying this right away because I want you to realize that your writing can be a lot more eloquent, especially representing such an interesting and diverse plot. The characters seem great, and I’m already looking forward to what happens next. Since your story is just starting, I can’t really report on the emotional appeal - but I want to see the romance build on through time, and I can definitely help you craft through that. In summary, I really like the beginning of your story, and can’t wait to see where it goes in the future. Keep up the amazing work Jiya!