《Rose》My Dear Moon

Reviewer: therosepoetk
Written by: _Navier_170

I think that the title is quite short and sweet, which I believe represents your story well. The cover is also very pretty, however, I feel as though it could have less visual elements that crowd the space. Since you are working with a shorter story here, you have more room to utilize empty space and negatives in terms of visual appeal, which is just my opinion. The blurb gives the right amount of detail, but I suggest you look over some of the capitalization and grammatical aspects of it for editing. The opening quote is interesting as well, and I really enjoyed the music choice that you incorporated into your piece. I personally felt connected to some of the opening lines, as you slowly let that emotional appeal sink in, a great writing technique. Incredibly poetic and sentimental. I think the vagueness of the characters was also done superbly, as you described as much as it was necessary for the reader to visualize whomever they pleased in their minds as they were reading. I like how no gender-confirmed identities or physical traits were mentioned, which really let my mind harness my imagination and be as creative/personal as I wanted. The dialogues were well-written in terms of emotion and cohesion, the only thing I could recommend is to work on the grammar and spelling in some areas. Overall, it was an amazing short story, and I am looking forward to what you come up with next, Navier!