《Rose》10 Days

Reviewer: therosepoetk
Written by: AlateSchmetterling

The title is mysterious in that way that as a reader, I’m wondering what it means. Since your story is also categorized as a romance, I’m making the assumption that we’re on a deadline here. 10 days for a romance? Who knows. But I like the title overall, so good job. Your cover is also nice and simple, so I like how it’s bright and cheery - sort of like that sweet and cheesy romantic vibe, am I right? That is what you are trying to send off to your audience, correct? The blurb is a little disorganized, to be completely truthful with you. I think that you can either keep the quotes that you have from the book itself, or you can keep the bottom part where you differentiate with the “he” and “she” personas. Personally, both seem like great blurb bits, but I think you should just stick with one. The opening is pretty nice, but I think you can work a little on the dialogue. There are a lot of grammatical errors that I can point out, so I really do suggest getting an editor (online or a person, doesn’t matter) to help you with that. But the characters seem pretty interesting, and I like how they carry this sort of emotional baggage with them. I think you can really create a great romance with this, as emotional baggage and struggles do bring people together, and I’m looking forward to what you’re going to craft and how your characters are going to discover their chemistry. The plot is super creative, and I see that huge emotional appeal that you can tie to it - so that is a really strong suit you can play out there. The flow is a little chunky, and that can be worked on through your dialogue, I’m sure. Overall, I really like your story, and I can’t wait for what comes next - keep up the great work Yara!