《Ana》GEMICIDE:Amid the Blues of BcHaven

Written by: LPKnits
Reviewer: ceo_kjinnie

➼COVER (9/10)
Honestly, I love the cover. The theme was perfect for a fantasy dystopian novel. I especially like how the cover includes pictures of the characters and most importantly, the gem. Although, it did feel a little flashy and cluttered, I think it goes well with the story.

➼TITLE (10/10)
In terms of the title, it is appropriate for the story and relates to the plot well.

➼BLURB (7/10)
The blurb felt rather lengthy. There were too many dialogues from the story which made me confused. I liked how you explained the meaning of the title at the very end of the description. You could cut out a few unnecessary dialogues and add in a little summary of the plot instead (without giving away spoilers, of course)

➼PLOT (9/10)
The plot was fantasy dystopian which I absolutely loved reading. The storyline was really creative. There weren’t any plotholes and the events in the plot were unfolded and executed well.

➼ORIGINALITY (10/10)
An original work by the author. Originality is always appreciated, keep it up!                       

➼ WRITING STYLE (8/10)
Your writing style is simple and easy to understand. I appreciate how you wrote in a fairly understandable manner so that all kinds of readers find it easier to grasp the information. There were a lot of areas where the writing felt too informal and forced. Try not to add too much information in one chapter. Let the readers gradually understand the storyline.

➼CHARACTER AND STORY DEVELOPMENT (9/10)
I can see the effort put into each characters personality and I really admire you for that. As for the story development it was very smooth and it did not feel rushed at all.

➼SETTING/WORLDBUILDING (9/10)
Surroundings were described beautifully but at places, I noticed you got a bit carried away by the flow and things felt a bit over-described. It is a common error most authors make.

➼GRAMMAR & SPELLING (9/10)
Grammar and spelling errors weren't frequent. Most of them seemed like a simple slip of mind while writing or due to fast typing. I’m sure you already know this but I recommend using Hemmingway Editor/Grammarly while proofreading to make it simpler. You can also submit a form in an editing shop if you are lazy.

➼ENJOYMENT AND ENGAGEMENT (8/10)
I really enjoyed reading this novel. Each chapter was very intriguing and filled with mystery. I’m sorry if this review took a while it is because there were a lot of chapters to cover and my finals season were going on.

➼OVERALL (80/100)
Thank you for choosing me as your reviewer, it was so much fun doing this review! Have a great day/night, Lakshmi.
                        ~Ana