《Rose》Raeliana Adfrenssa

Reviewer: therosepoetk
Written by: melifluousgelatoo

Hey there! So I can see that you are an avid writer, and this book that I’m reviewing here today has already been dissected and put back together by many fellow reviewers. I’m honoured that you chose me to assess your work here, and I thank you for having the patience to wait for your review. Anyways, onto my critical judgments. The title...is unique. I must say, it really does stand out in the crowd. But I have to ask you one thing. Do you think that a certain level of complexity is the only way that you can make your title unique? Have you considered any other word-based tools that you can use to make your title creative? I’m not saying that I don’t like it, but to be honest, I’m more afraid that people will mess up the pronunciation, or turn the entire story into something it is not. The cover though? Beautiful. As someone who is deeply invested in the dark academia aesthetic taking social media by storm, I really like what you chose to do with this. It’s very pleasing to the eye, though it may not be saying much about your story. Excellent visuals, and even the blurb, crafted with immense skill. The opening and plot are progressing at a very nice rate, and I can see how the consistency of the coherence is also well balanced. I have to say that it’s quite spectacular, but there’s one thing that’s putting me off at the moment. The italics. A general rule that I like to keep in mind is that bold text is to draw attention to special messages, titles, headers, and distinctive formatting. Italics is for thoughts, and more internal dialogue that a character may have within themselves. I see what you’re trying to do here with the past tense and flashbacks, but that does not necessarily require italics. The grammar itself is fine, and the emotional appeal is clearly visible and recognized in the story. I am a huge fan of the characters, as they all seem so diverse coming from all these different walks in life. Overall, I really like your story, and see a lot of growth from you as a writer. Keep up the amazing work my friend!