《Ana》The Last Creed

Reviewer: ceo_kjinnie
Written by: yaris052018

➼COVER (8/10)
Loved the quality of the cover. It was well executed although I felt it did not suit the theme of the story. While looking at the cover I was unable to get an impression of what the book might be about.

➼TITLE (10/10)
In terms of the title, it is appropriate for the story and relates to the plot well.

➼BLURB (6/10)
The blurb felt rather lengthy. There were a lot of snippets from the story which made it confusing. You need to give an overall description of the plot rather than just snippets. Nothing intrigued me to read further or turn the pages. Also, I think it was not really mentioned clearly in your blurb about the incorporation of Serpents, Vampires, and Werewolves. There are a lot of readers on Wattpad that are inclined on reading such stories and if you mention it I’m sure it’ll attract a lot of readers.

➼PLOT (7/10)
The plot was fairly interesting and a lot of fun to read. I clearly understand why you mentioned the need to get familiar with the ‘know my world’ chapter as I found myself going back there every now because I was confused. There weren’t plotholes and the events in the plot were unfolded and executed well.

➼ORIGINALITY (10/10)
An original work by the author. Originality is always appreciated, keep it up!

➼ WRITING STYLE (8/10)
Your writing style seemed a bit complex to me and the way the story started out was very confusing. The vocabulary was on point and the plot was conveyed beautifully although you need to work on simplifying the sentences a bit so that readers can easily grasp information.

➼CHARACTER AND STORY DEVELOPMENT (8/10)
The character and story development was very smooth and not rushed, as expected from a slow-burn fantasy novel. Even though fantasy/mythical most of the events were written in a realistic manner.
I found it a bit hard to distinguish between the eye colors. As mentioned above I had to keep checking the ‘know my world’ chapter to make sure I wasn't confused as I read.
The choice of cast for the story was fabulous. I like how each one of them fits the role marvelously.

➼SETTING/WORLDBUILDING (9/10)
Surroundings were described beautifully but at places, I noticed you got a bit carried away by the flow and things felt a bit over-described. It is a common error most authors make.

➼GRAMMAR & SPELLING (9/10)
Grammar and spelling errors weren't frequent. Most of them seemed like a simple slip of mind while writing or due to fast typing. I’m sure you already know this but I recommend using Hemmingway Editor/Grammarly while proofreading to make it simpler. You can also submit a form in an editing shop if you are lazy.

➼ENJOYMENT AND ENGAGEMENT (7/10)
Although I found myself losing interest to read further a lot of times, I think this is a great book for readers who enjoy reading about the underworld of Vampires and Werewolves. It would have been much more interesting to read if the paragraphs didn't feel as complex as they are. Also, I really like how you enfolded the whole plot in South Asia. I don't find such stories often. Keep updating!

➼OVERALL (82/100)
Thank you for choosing me as your reviewer, it was so much fun doing this review! Have a great day/night.
                        ~Ana