《Ashley》 The Catfish

Reviewer: Authore_16
Written by: Wordchantress

HOOK
I) Title: (9/10 marks) The title is great. It’s simple and on the point giving the reader a complete image of what the story is going to be.
II) Book Cover: (4/5 marks) It is a cute and great cover with everything that a nice book cover should have.
III) Blurb: (9/10 marks) The blurb is great and piques the reader’s curiosity. It is written well and was flawless.
IV) Opening Chapter: (8/10 marks) The part the story settled in, you got me hooked on that part only. A great opening chapter asks nothing more than a killer paragraph, which was there. Very well written, the author did a great job in this part. Though, I felt like if it was written in a little more descriptive way, it would have been perfect.

DEVELOPMENT
I) Character Development: (8/10 marks) The characters are very well described. But still, somewhere I wasn’t able to connect fully maybe, because of less amount of chapters.
II) Plot: (9/10 marks) The plot is great, though, it is a prompt inspired one but what brings out the uniqueness and the originality is your writing style.

III) Story Flow: (4/5 marks) A major plus point of your story is your story flow, which remains consistent and adds a beautiful touch to the story.
IV) Emotion: (8/10 marks) As I said above, due to the less amount of chapters I wasn’t able to completely share the emotions with the character but nonetheless, your characters are written well which made me develop a liking towards them.

LANGUAGE
I) Grammar and Punctuation: (9/10 marks) This part was beautifully outdone by you. Though some parts had some mistakes they didn’t matter much.
II) Writing Style: (4/5 marks) You did very well in this part, the organized writing style makes this story more impeccable. There were some parts in the story that I loved very much which was due to your great writing style. If you want you can it a bit more descriptive but then, it’s totally upon you. 
III) Vocabulary: (4/5 marks) Though, the vocabulary was good, I would still recommend you to use a thesaurus.

OVERALL
I) Overall enjoyment and impression: (8/10 marks) The overall story, was great, and this is one of the good prompt-based books I have ever come across. I would recommend others to read it as well. 

86/100