《Li》Happenstance Love

Reviewer: blue00grey

Reviewing on: sarada3003
Book: Happenstance Love

Cover- 2/5
I don't hate it but I also don't love it. It could use some work.

Title- 4/5
Unique title. It made me eager to know what it is about. I love how it says 'happenstance' rather than fate because some writers might just use the words 'fate' or 'coincidence'.

Blurb- 9/10
Short and simple blurb, I like it. It made me confused for a second but when I read the book I understood what you meant by 'jerk of an elevator'.

Plot- i won't give a criteria since it has only been one chapter.
Based on my understanding they were late for school and got stuck in an elevator and missed the bus so they decided to just hang out. Also I realized that Cynthia's brother and mother already went to work while Cynthia was stuck in the elevator, So I'm assuming they took the stairs.

Grammar and Punctualizations- 9/10
I have seen some grammar mistakes in the first part, which made me reread it and understand it again. for the punctualization, the comma (,) needs to be used in some parts other than using a period.

Character- 9/10
Cynthia and Alex's persona really shows. I love how Cynthia has a weird humor and quite rebellious, and as for Alex it said there that he was the one that just wanted to skip school which made their characters interesting.

Storyline- 9/10
The flow is smooth and I love how it ended, where they were already friends. Like it gave a backstory on how they met.

Enjoyment- 5/5
I really enjoyed it!

Originality- 8/10
A story about being stuck in the elevator is very useful. I myself have read stories about the topic but when you wrote it, you wrote it uniquely and differently which I like.

Details: 5/5
Good details! I myself has a writer lacked writing details but your story was so detailed and I loved it. A quick note though, don't add too much details, less details are better because it made me overwhelmed with what was happening.

Engagement: 10/10
Good story! It is very interesting.

Writing style: 10/10
I love how it is simple and doesn't add much POV's.
Overall: 80/90

Notes:
-tenses of verbs are a little bit out of place... was and were are sometimes mixed up.
-The comma needs to be used other than the period.
-Refrain from starting the sentence with 'and' or 'but'.
-Details are great when you described Alex and all the actions
-some words aren't used for their actual and proper use like, 'established food in my mouth' a better phrase for that is 'but I currently have my mouth full' and example btw.