《Rose》Flashfire

Reviewer: therosepoetk
Written by: bosandaros

I really like the title because of how oddly original it is. A flashfire is a perfectly normal, existent thing in this world, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen the term be used for a book title before. I’d say that it’s an authentic decision to make, especially for a romance, so I want to see where you go with this. The cover is incredibly clean, polished, and aesthetic. I think that it creates a lovely visual appeal, however, the images that compose the cover are very generic and stoic in a way. I feel as though if you could bring the elements of visual design into a more coherent, smooth image, it would work better. That being said, it is your cover, and it is up to you to decide what you want to do with it. The blurb is exceptional. The last sentence left me absolutely breathless, and I had such a strong desire to dive into your story as soon as I could. The opening and plot are also marvellous. I am genuinely very impressed with the way that this story has so many twists and turns hidden in all the right places. The grammar is flawless as far as I can tell (and I spend quite a lot of time nitpicking grammar mistakes, to be honest) and the coherence is very smooth. If I really had to make some suggestions, I’d say more in terms of the emotional appeal. I can definitely sense strong mystery and thriller vibes in the tale, so I think if you can alter the dialogue to more fit that mood and get readers more on the edge of their seats, that would be much more dramatic and so much more engaging. (Not saying it already isn’t, because I have no shame in admitting that I am hooked). The characters too are splendid, maybe more dynamic between the two leads could be better. Overall, this is an amazing story and such a unique, breathtaking concept that you have brought to the writing platform together. Bravo, you stellar duo!