《Rose》It Was Always You

Reviewer: therosepoetk
Written by: yashhiiieee

So first of all, I like how you have a nice title that has a lot of emotional baggage and overall weight. I think that when you choose a title that has so much meaning to every different person, it can be viewed as a personal matter. From this alone, I can see that you are a writer that is bound to connect to their audience, that is bound to cultivate that relationship with the story. The cover is really pretty and I like the clarity of the image, however, I think that if you could work with lighter colours and more “dreamy” font schemes, it would fit better for the romance-type trope. It would make more sense visually, in my opinion. The blurb is excellent, I like how both the main leads are portrayed equally and just the right amount of detail is given about them as well. I think that you can just change the style of narration just for the blurb, but other than that, it is great. The opening too is incredibly standardized but unique. I like how readers already get the thought processes of all these different characters and how they all express the extent of their relationships to one another through different actions. The characters themselves are well-thought out and explained very thoroughly, however, I feel as though you as a writer can try to shift away from writing about stereotypes. For example, I think you are making all the characters fit into some “role” in the traditional romance story, in some way. You have the main girl, her best friend, her love interest, and all the surrounding secondary characters that somehow make it into the final cut. I think you should pay some special attention to working on these characters independently. What makes them different from anyone else you could have ever written about? Why are you as a writer, why am I as a reader/reviewer, going to invest emotionally in a character like this? By asking yourself these kinds of questions, you’ll find great improvement. The plot is stunning, the last chapter update has gotten me on the edge of my seat. I see slight grammatical errors here and there, but the emotional appeal and coherence are amazing. Overall, I can see this story going great places, and I wish you all the best on the writing journey to get there Yashie!