《Ana》Shivaay

Reviewer: ceo_kjinnie
Written by: Shreyansh05

➼COVER (4/10)
I’m going to be pretty blunt about this one. The cover seemed very unprofessional. It was too dark and the background wasn't visible at all. The fonts used were not pleasing at all and most importantly the cover isn't centered properly(?) there were two white lines on just two sides which makes it look as if it was rushed. This cover won't attract any readers therefore I recommend you to order a better one from a good graphic shop.

➼TITLE (7/10)
I like the title, it’s unique as you have gone for the main character's name but I would have preferred it if it had a deeper meaning or connection to the story.

➼BLURB (8/10)
The first part of your description where you added a little extract of a dialogue from your novel seemed quite unnecessary because it does not have anything in it that will intrigue readers to know more about the story. Either you can add a better dialogue extract or remove that part completely. The second part of the blurb was okay.

➼PLOT (8/10)
As someone who enjoys paranormal and horror stories, this novel was pretty interesting to me. The prologue seemed completely unnecessary. To be honest, it felt more like a normal chapter than a prologue. A prologue should give an overall insight into the story or like an introductory chapter, it would be nice if you could keep that in mind.

➼ORIGINALITY (8/10)
Based on my experiences from reading other horror and paranormal novels, there were quite a few cliche tropes in this story which made a few things predictable. You can always work on them and add your own twists to it to make it more interesting.

➼ WRITING STYLE (8/10)
You have an appreciable writing style although there are a lot of things that you need to work on. Things like consistency with the chapter lengths and not being too descriptive can be improved.

➼CHARACTER AND STORY DEVELOPMENT (8/10)
The characters were well developed in your story, which I really appreciate. Try not to be too descriptive with the appearances as well as other things all at once, leave some to the reader's imagination as well. One thing I noticed was that your narration used a simpler vocabulary in comparison to the dialogues between the characters, which would have been better if it was the other way around.
As for the story development it was pretty smooth.

➼SETTING/WORLDBUILDING (9/10)
Like I mentioned above, try not to be too descriptive about this as well, it is a common mistake that most writers make so don't be too worried about it.

➼GRAMMAR & SPELLING (8/10)
There were a few grammar and spelling errors here and there; usage of wrong punctuation, wrong tenses, and unnecessary commas. A proofreading is necessary. You can always use the Hemmingway Editor/Grammarly while proofreading to make it simpler.

➼ENJOYMENT AND ENGAGEMENT (6/10)
Overall, I had a great time reading your work. I’m sure people like me who enjoy paranormal and horror novels will certainly love reading ‘Shivaay’.

➼OVERALL (74/100)
Thanks a lot for choosing me as your reviewer! Have a great day/night Shreyansh.
                        ~Ana