《Ana》Morticia

Reviewer: ceo_kjinnie
Written by: @Justanormalgirl4506

➼COVER (6/10)
The cover was pretty and I like the face claim of Morticia used in the cover but it lacked the royal essence to it. Use a more royal/dark font to bring in the feels. The color scheme is good since it fits the royal theme.

➼TITLE (9/10)
I like the title, it’s unique as you have gone for the main character's name but I would have preferred it if it had a deeper meaning or connection to the story.

➼BLURB (8/10)
The blurb was short and to the point, but you need to add more factors that would make readers want to know more. Maybe it could be an extract (or dialogue) from the story itself without giving away any spoilers.

➼PLOT (8/10)
It has a really interesting plotline to it, which will certainly make readers who enjoy dark fantasy want to keep turning the pages. I really like the way each chapter ends in a way that makes you want to know what happens next.

➼ORIGINALITY (10/10)
Originality is always appreciated, Keep it up!

➼ WRITING STYLE (8/10)
Your writing style is simple and understandable but there were areas where the overall writing looked messy and incomplete. There were a lot of grammatical errors which I will cover in the ‘GRAMMAR & SPELLING’ section of this review.

➼CHARACTER AND STORY DEVELOPMENT (10/10)
The characters were well developed in your story, which I really appreciate. I think how the characters’ appearances were described gradually rather than telling all at once was really unique. Also, I like how you described the little character traits of Morticia, it reflects her personality well.
As for the story development, it was pretty smooth.

➼SETTING/WORLDBUILDING (10/10)
The setting description is one of the best parts of this story. You have described them so well that I was able to visualize everything properly. Most authors make the mistake of over-describing the surroundings which just ruins the readers imagination, but yours was just the right amount of explanation.

➼GRAMMAR & SPELLING (7/10)
There were a few grammar and spelling errors here and there; usage of wrong punctuation, wrong tenses, and unnecessary usage of ellipses. The switch between tenses was one of the most common mistake I found while reading your book. Majority of ‘Morticia’ has been written in past tense but I noticed in a few areas it was switched to present tense and past continuous. Proofreading is necessary. You can always use the Hemmingway Editor/Grammarly while proofreading to make it simpler.

➼ENJOYMENT AND ENGAGEMENT (6/10)
Overall, I had a great time reading your work. I’m sure people who enjoy dark fantasy novels will certainly love reading ‘Morticia’.

➼OVERALL (82/100)
Thanks a lot for choosing me as your reviewer! Have a great day/night.
                        ~Ana