《Rose》Just Friends

Reviewer: therosepoetk
Written by: blue00grey

Review 57 - Just Friends by Lee (@blue00grey)

The title is nice and relevant, so I like how that connects to your story. I’m getting that concept that your writing is going to be under that romance comedy genre, which is cool. (I am personally addicted to Indian rom-coms, so don’t mind me). The cover is also super well drawn, and I’m fully aware now that this is a fanfic book. Congratulations! Your story is now well advertised. I’m not a huge fan of the blurb though, it’s too vague. In terms of detail, I want you to talk more about what the story is about, not throwing quotes into the piece and expecting readers to make sense of them. The opening and plot are interesting enough, and I can see the emotional appeal taking a solid shape. I just really want you to brush up on your writing; especially grammar and coherence. I suggest an editor, and a little uplift on your transitions. For example, when time passes, there is no need to narrate  a few minutes later. Sure, it may work for Spongebob, but not so much for legitimate narrative writing. Besides that, I think you're good. Your characters are all beyond that pretentiousness I originally envisioned, and they have admirable relationships amongst one another. (Although I’d prefer more naturally romantic contexts, instead of the whole “truth or dare” or “seven minutes in Heaven” to bring in kissing. Not necessary, not emotionally invigorating). But overall, great job! Keep up the good work Lee!