《Rose》An Empty Canvas No More

Reviewer: therosepoetk
Written by: MeowMeow422

So this is my first time doing an art review, so please be aware of my inexperience in this category, and the fact that I am trying my best. This is a great learning opportunity for both of us, so let’s make the best of what we can. I really like the title of your book, and how the viewer gets an idea that this is going to be an artistic representation. I also think the cover is pretty neat, although it would be more preferable if you set it as a piece of your work, for example. I think you should choose your favourite to display, as it really sets the standard forward on what we would expect. The blurb is fantastic, no worries there. Now, onto the actual art portion. So I like how you provide a brief introduction on what each piece is about, and I like how all the information is concise and super organized. The art itself is really pretty. I know that it may sound like generic advice, but I’ll get more into it. The colour schemes all flow well together, as well as the shapes, fluidity, and overall depiction and expression. I can tell that you put a lot of effort into these pieces as an artist, and even though I might not know what characters you are drawing, I still really like them. I believe that you can work on a bit of the detail, as from a glance, I’m getting more colour and shape than specific detail. Now I know this may be your specific style of art, and I respect that, but this is just a suggestion in mind. I do encourage you to pursue different styles and forms, and play around with creative mediums. Even if you don’t find a unique type of art that you like, at least you know that you’ve tried it!  But overall, Meow, I really like your artwork, and all the stories that you relate to it. Keep it up!