《Rose》War of the World Treee

Reviewer: therosepoetk
Written by: Cavin_78

Hello there! I offer my utmost gratitude to you for waiting around for your review, so I really appreciate that. As well, you seem like a newer writer to the reviewing genre, so I’m excited to be doing this for you. Your title is pretty intriguing. Already, I want to know what happens in the story, and what causes this specific choice of wording as the title. The cover is also generally okay, although I can see some space for visual improvements. Of course, it is your book and you get to maintain charge of the creative process, but it’s a suggestion. The blurb is super detailed, and I like how it provides a lot of context into what the story is about but not giving away too much. The opening does the same, and I really admire your style of writing which is both descriptive yet alluring. Wonderful work. The plot progresses at a steady rate, which is good. The characters are all interesting enough, and I like how they interact with one another. I want to see more of their relationships though, so you could aspire to work on that. The grammar and coherence are nice and comprehensible, and your vocabulary too makes your points clear and expressible. I just need you to work more on the emotional appeal. I do not mean to be rude, but I feel that the story itself is taking a very generic approach to how it fits in with other books in its genre. For example, the opening and general progression suggests that this is a story in which the premises have been predetermined, and you are more “filling in the gaps” than making a whole new world of your own. I respect your decision to do that, but as well, I would like to see more of your own unique ideas expressed in your writing, no matter how original or absurdly insane they may be.