《Rose》The Unspeakable Love

Reviewer: therosepoetk
Written by: padlocklol

The title is quite the emotional rollercoaster on its own. I like how it evokes that kind of emotional connection on its own, which adds that extra layer of depth into your story. Your cover as well is gorgeous, but this may be a little bit of a bias as I am a huge sucker for minimalist digital artwork. However, although it’s incredibly appealing, I must raise some concern over it. Based on reading your blurb (which I find no issues with), your story’s time period is set heavily in the past. Due to the cover, which is supposedly to give a visual representation of your tale, I am not getting that idea well expressed. If you can find some sort of cover that can take design elements that were prevalent during that time period in which your story takes place, that would add more connection and understanding to the book overall. Other than that, your opening is dimensional and packed. I love how it starts right off with a dialogue - something I myself struggle to do with my own stories sometimes. The plot carries along quite well, and I can note that the progress is consistent and meaningful to the text. The characters are all diverse and such, as they are supposed to be, yet I’d like more creativity to them. Now, I’ve never actually dipped my toes into the waters of writing romance myself, but I do read quite the number of famous novels. If you can add more scenic chemistry between the two leads, it’ll add more emotional appeal. This in turn will add much more leverage to your writing. The grammar and coherence are mediocre, nothing that I can really get into. But overall, your story is really heading someplace, and I can’t wait to see how you grow and adapt as a writer. Keep up the good work my friend!