《Ellen》Affinity

Reviewer: EllenFairyBlue4
Written by: CheshireVibes

Thoughts: 

Affinity was entirely a very good story. I read it completely and I do look forward to the second book. It captured me quickly with cute little vampire, Anastasia. At first, I wondered why the story started the way it did, but I see why it did. Opening with Anastasia in her childhood years shows the strong bond of friendship she developed with her best friend, Pam. 

I loved that the story showed the prejudicial nature young Anastasia had been taught by her aristocratic family. I liked that Anastasia had a strong personality on her own. What I mean by this is that she came to her own conclusions without much influence, like her willingness to accept Pamela's friendship. The development in this story was memorable to me. It's been a long time since I've read a story that had the strong traits and feel of a well written novel from Wattpad. The teenager problems addressed in Affinity were presented in a way that wasn't obvious or forced. And I loved Anastasia's sarcasm, grumpy nature toward her friends. It was funny. Right off the bat, I sensed that Aj would be a potential love interest, yet the author did not even present him as that right off the bat. The way their romance was shown was through years of knowing each other without really knowing each other. This is what makes Affinity unique. It wasn't a slow burning or fast romance. It was, in a sense, more of a normal, realistic romance. And even then, it's not a guarantee thing. 

Then that nice twist!! That was clever. I never expected Aj to be one, until the very last sentence, or for it to come up in this story. I mean I should have considered the fact that I've read numerous supernatural related stories. I love the lore behind Affinity. It was refreshing. I am curious about if Aj is aware that Anastasia is a vampire because he does seem like he suspects it. I feel like he had watched her from afar at school and with his history, it just seems right that he suspects she is one. 

The mystery behind who sent the flowers is plaguing my mind. I really have no idea who it could be. I do feel like Anastasia's brother is behind turning and kidnapping people. He is in the king's pocket. It wouldn't surprise me. Her patents don't seem like much of a threat. They are the typical high society vampires who only care about their reputation.  But man, her mother is brutal! If she's that way, I'll hate to see what the King is like honestly. I'm still curious about Anastasia too. She awoken her abilities before becoming a full vampire, and they keep hitting that she is special. I just know that has something to do with the prophecy Aj knows. Maybe both sides were given parts of the prophecy. 

Anyway this is a story worth reading. One that is light yet heavy with turmoil of emotions.