《Rose》You're My Ecstasy

Reviewer: therosepoetk
Written by: Tuneofhisflute

I love how this title already gives off this vibe of immense power, of intense devotion. I like how the cover is also really majestic, and I already feel as though I’m going to enjoy this story very much. The blurb could use more detail, in my opinion, as I think the structure is a bit lacking on what the reader is going to absorb from the short caption of what the story will be about. I also like how melodramatic the opening is, it really provides clarity into the suspense and action of the rising action. The plot is amazing - I adore how there are so many different perspectives and conflicts coming into play here, and that you as a writer are able to explore all these unique arcs and deliver them the justice that they deserve. I think you can work more on the coherence though, as each chapter should have some sort of flow between them, some link that makes the readers want to stay for each and every moment of the story instead of a tedious wait for the final resolution. That being said, these characters are so dynamic and fluid, and their relationships are realistic in all the right ways. (Or at least, they aren’t stereotypical, which I think qualifies for just as much. I am a huge fan of South Indian movies, so I’m glad that I could see a bit of portrayal of these cutout characters in your story as well). The grammar could also be checked over, just quickly, as there were some small mistakes I caught here and there. However, the emotional appeal was absolutely off the page, especially at the ending. I loved how the epilogue tied everything together in the best way possible at the end. I think that you made the right decision at the end with the sad, longing ending, but if you could perhaps add some clues near the main action and some foreshadowing, it would add immensely to the plot line.