《Ana》Diamondback

Reviewer: ceo_kjinnie
Written by:ChewyTheChupacabra

This is the first ever non-fanfiction review I got in this community as a reviewer so I was excited to do this review. The delay was because I was on hiatus but now I’m back so let's get this started.

˚₊· ͟͟͞➳❥COVER (5/10)
The cover is dark and suspenseful, but it felt too plain in my opinion. The silhouette felt too out of place and the font used did not fit the vibe. You can approach any good graphic shops if you want.

˚₊· ͟͟͞➳❥TITLE (10/10)
I like the title, it's unique and goes well with the plot.

˚₊· ͟͟͞➳❥BLURB (7/10)
The first half of the blurb felt a bit messy to me. The second half was good, and the trigger warnings were also of a nice amount.

˚₊· ͟͟͞➳❥PLOT (9/10)
Nothing to say about the plot, it was really interesting.

˚₊· ͟͟͞➳❥ORIGINALITY (10/10)
Pretty positive I haven't read a book like this before. Originality is always appreciated therefore loved it.

˚₊· ͟͟͞➳❥ WRITING STYLE (7/10)
You have a really unique writing style, although try to tone down the descriptiveness a bit. You don't have to explain each and everything in a very detailed manner, leave some space for the reader's imaginations too.One thing I noticed while reading your story was, words like ‘you’ and ‘your’ were used outside of dialogues which I didn't understand. Especially since the story was first person pov I couldn't understand how Zypher was able to talk to the audience directly. I think it would have worked out if it was third person pov. Loved the wrong placed humor, also I must appreciate how it doesn't destroy the whole vibe of the story. There was a good amount of cliffhangers and foreshadowing too (lucky for me this book is not ongoing).

˚₊· ͟͟͞➳❥CHARACTER AND STORY DEVELOPMENT (8/10)
It was really pleasing to see Blasian characters in your book. They were represented well and I really respect this work for that. One thing that surprised me is how Zypher didn't freak out when he found out he had become a monster. I didn't understand why he was censoring his own thoughts either. That makes him feel unrealistic to be honest, I wouldn't filter my own thoughts especially when no one else is listening to it. Aside from these factors Zypher is a pretty intriguing character even though he isn't extremely relatable.
The story development was good, the flow and the lengths of the chapters were normal.

˚₊· ͟͟͞➳❥SETTING/WORLDBUILDING (10/10)
Here is where your descriptiveness actually helped. It helped me visualize the surroundings really well. Keep it up!

˚₊· ͟͟͞➳❥GRAMMAR & SPELLING (9/10)
Your grammar and spellings were on point. I couldn't find any errors, but proofreading is always nice. One thing I noticed that you haven't italicized the thoughts of the character, other than that everything is quite alright.

˚₊· ͟͟͞➳❥ENJOYMENT AND ENGAGEMENT (8/10)
As of writing this review I am 10 chapters in. The whole story is fairly engaging and interesting. Will be reading the rest of the chapters soon as I can't wait to know what’ll happen next.

˚₊· ͟͟͞➳❥OVERALL (83/100)
Overall it was really fun to do this review. I can definitely see this story blowing up! Thank you for choosing me as your reviewer. Keep up the good work Chewy, have a good day/night
                                                                                 ~Ana