《Ana》Toxic Distrust

Reviewer: ceo_kjinnie
Written by: ClaireMari29

➼COVER (8/10)
The cover in my opinion seemed too plain. It would have been better if you could’ve added the characters on the cover, that would’ve been more attractive.

➼TITLE (7/10)
So how do I say this? I was so confused when I saw the title of the book that I googled what ‘ALOAMG’ meant because I thought it was a word I didn't know. I had to keep reading to find out it meant ‘A life of a miserable girl’. I get why you have used ‘ALOAMG’ instead of that since the title would be too long, but you should have at least mentioned it in the blurb. Also I think it's supposed to be “The life of a miserable girl” correct me if I’m wrong.

➼BLURB (9/10)
The blurb was very aesthetically pleasing but there were a few errors regarding the usage of wrong vocabulary. A single proofreading should be enough to fix it.

➼PLOT (9/10)
The story line was very interesting. Everything was explained properly but there were places I couldn't understand especially in the prologue, so I had to reread to understand.
➼ORIGINALITY (10/10)
Originality? Yes. Very original indeed. Nothing more to say about this.

➼ WRITING STYLE (8/10)
I like your writing style, it's very unique from other authors here on Wattpad. One thing I would ask you to improvise is not giving too many character introductions in the beginning. For someone who is not much into the gaming fandom like me, it was hard to keep up with everyone and I had to keep coming back to the character and cast page to know what each person's significance in the story was.

➼CHARACTER AND STORY DEVELOPMENT (8/10)
The characters were portrayed beautifully but the character and cast page in the beginning of your book seemed to give away too much of the plotline. Try to explain each character's significance and personality as the story progresses to add some suspense.
As for the story development it was pretty smooth and had a nice flow to it.

➼SETTING/WORLDBUILDING (10/10)
The setting was well described and I was able to visualize everything neat and clean.

➼GRAMMAR & SPELLING (9/10)
I couldn't find any spelling errors in the book, which is good but grammatical errors and the usage of wrong prepositions were evident. Try to expand your vocabulary a bit, at some point a few words seemed repetitive.

➼ENJOYMENT AND ENGAGEMENT (9/10)
In conclusion, I think readers from the gaming fandom will really enjoy your work. The progression of the story seemed a bit slow to me but apart from that it is fairly engaging and interesting.

➼OVERALL (87/100)
If I’m not wrong this is the second work of yours that I’m reviewing. I’m so glad you chose me as your reviewer. Thank you and have a good day/night.
                        ~Ana