《Rose》Homosexually Straight

Reviewer: therosepoetk
Written by: sarcastic-mess

So I like your title, especially the contradiction. Personally, I also named my novel after two words that juxtapose each other, so I like that you’re carrying on that theme. I also think that your cover is really aesthetic, and it really does attract the reader. So far, I’m impressed with what you’ve written, or at least, how you’re advertising it. The blurb is also pretty good, because I like how it gives just the right amount of detail. Great work so far, and I’m looking forward to getting to read your story. I am in love with your dedication, because I think the wording was just really amazing. Dedications are often overdone and dramatic, but you delivered yours in the most beautiful way possible. Amazing. The opening dialogue is a little lacklustre, to be honest. I see that you’ve started off with a scene that doesn’t start right at the beginning, and that’s good because the reader will want to know what led up to this scene. I think you can work on the dialogue itself, but the actual scene itself is pretty good, just could use some extra detail. The plot is very unique, since I have never seen anyone portray the queer media in reverse, along with heterosexual people in opposition. I just think that you can cut down on anti-heterosexuality, as I think that’s just unnecessary. (Now before you go off on me, I’m asexual. Neither homosexual or heterosexual, but I like to remain neutral on any wars that happen between everything). But I think that just because people remain homophobic, that doesn’t mean it’s necessarily a proficient response to be heterophobic. (Again, I know that you don’t mean to be offensive, but be careful with the message that you portray in your writing. Be empathetic towards everyone, and know that some people might interpret your words in a different way than you might intend). But the characters are all super interesting, and I like how we have so many as to get all these different queer stories. I think you did a great job with this, and I’m sure that a lot of readers might see themselves well represented in your story. The emotional appeal and flow are pretty great, but I would like you to work on your grammar. I just think that you need more clarity on your words, and your dialogue could use some work. But overall, this is a super unique story, and I’m very glad that you took this chance to make such a tale possible. Keep up the creative work Sasha!