《Kailyn》Drops of Scarlet

Reviewer: Kailucy
Written by: Grisha2610

Drops of Scarlet

By: @Grisha2610

Public

Cover:

The cover is amazing. It drew me in and it goes perfectly with your collection. The colors and the image compliment each other making it eye-catching. 

Title:

I love the title. It gives mysterious vibes and once I began reading it became apparent that the title couldn't be better. 

Overall: 

I loved how it was based on fantasy. It gave historical fantasy vibes and it's one of my favorite genres. Then it was poetry and it was majestic. The poems were wonderfully written and the topics drew me in. Every poem held a different story and had great rhythm. The rhyming schemes were amazing. I loved each and every poem. I did notice that quite a bit of punctuation was missing. I'm not sure if it was intentional or not so if it is just ignore that. 

Individual poems:

It was hard to choose cause each of them was amazing. The collection was amazing from start to finish. 

Cecillia

This poem was the perfect beginning. It’s haunting and sad. The words flowed together beautifully. The last few lines were amazing, they leave such a huge mark. You have a way with words.

Merlot

The way this was written convinced me that I had to bring it out. The vocabulary alone was perfect but then the rhyming sequences and the imagery made it even better. 

Crimson Roses

I think this was one of my favorites but it’s difficult to explain why. The narrative was different and I love that. Once again the imagery was perfect. 

Midnight vases

How is a poem from the POV of a vase so good? The repetition added desperation to the poem and it was a good choice for it.