《June》Scars To Your Beautiful: A Modern Beauty and the Beast Retelling

Reviewer: june_berrin
Written by: jasminestars

Beast Retelling by jasminesatrs

Thank you so much for giving me the chance to review your story.

It was a great story and I enjoyed it.

❥ Title: A really good title. It is very unique and is also the name of one of my favourite songs; Scars to your beautiful by Alessia Cara.  And it also matched well with the story. Great job!! (even though I would suggest you find or make the title a bit different with your own creativity).

❥ Cover: With all due honesty I have to say that I am not a fan of the cover. The cover doesn't match well with the story well and is not appealing or attracting readers to it. Or maybe it is just me, but I still suggest you change it or modify it.

❥ Blurb: First of the blurb is great and well written but needs a bit of editing and proofreading needed in it. For example, you can write ' Life for Callie had never been an easy one ' to 'Life had never been easy for Callie' or ' Callie's life had never been easy. Such differences can be made to make it even better, but this is just a suggestion.

❥ Storyline: The storyline is beautiful, I loved the first chapter very much. You have described everything very well and have used strong imagery helping the readers to visualize each scene easily. Your writing is great and well descriptive, and I can see the similarities of Beauty and Beast in the story and the addition of Callies father illness was a great idea.

❥ Characters: The characterisation of Callie is great. You have very well developed all the characters and portrayed them greatly. Your characters were given flaws making them realistic. You have captured their emotions and portrayed them well in your writing. Great job!!

❥ Grammar and punctuations: Your grammar is great but there were still some grammatical errors especially with tenses and all but can be easily be corrected with some proofreading. Lack of punctuation is very spotted too but there aren't any typos spotted. But as each chapter passes I have noticed an increase in grammatical errors and your writing style to go down a bit but overall it's great.

❥ Conclusions: It is a great story overall and will attract a lot of people. I see a lot of potential in this book. Keep up the good work and do edit the chapters when you get time to make it even better. And if any of my words hurt you or was harsh then I apologise and that I never meant to hurt you and just needed help you improve. And with that, I take my leave.

Best Wishes.