《Ashley》Allergic To Ivy

Reviewer: Authore_16
Written by: Paradisecitylights

HOOK

I) Title: (10/10 marks) The title is fabulous and sums up the whole story in just three words, how Ivy has to face hardships because of racism. Even though the title is simple but at the same time, it depicts a deep meaning.

II) Book Cover: (3.5/5 marks) The book cover looks very nice, however, the only thing that held me from giving you full marks in this criteria is your choice of typography. The font case could have been different which will make the title and the author’s name more readable.

III) Blurb: (10/10 marks) The blurb is the part that got me hooked on your story, it is written well without any unnecessary things which makes it neat and organized. Generally, long blurbs have a lot of details that have no connection to the actual story, which didn’t happen in yours. I love the way you wrote it, giving all the necessary details that a blurb should, and to be honest, it is one of the best blurbs I have ever read. It makes readers curious, how Ivy is going to fight all the injustice and raise her voice against it, in a society that is full of prejudices.

IV) Opening Chapter: (9/10 marks) The chapter is written very well. The opening chapter is always the mirror that reflects the whole book. The writer is always under the pressure to give a perfect opening chapter. If the opening chapter is not good it ruins the reader’s motivation to read the whole story. And according to me, you did the job very well. A great opening chapter should always have a great opening paragraph which was there in your book. A compelling character is the second key to a great opening chapter and the way Ivy is introduced is simple but still very good enough. The narration was very good. The starting point was also well decided. Talking about negatives, there were two to three places in the story that I found were a bit more detailed. Overall, it was simple and organized, which established the way to pave the rest of the story.

DEVELOPMENT

I) Character Development: (10/10 marks) The characters are very well described. The development of characters was portrayed so well. They are described in a realistic way and your unique style of writing was also reflected.

II) Plot: (9/10 marks) Though the plot is not something which I have never heard of, like a black girl facing hardships and struggles is not unique but the way your plotline develops… I like it very much. It was engaging, incredible, and fabulous, and as I like to say you had my undivided attention.

III) Story Flow: (4.5/5 marks) The pace of your story is incredible. The way you write each scene masterfully, it’s impeccable.

IV) Emotion: (10/10 marks) This is the most important for me in a story are the emotions. The way you described every realistically character’s emotion, made me connect to them and share their sorrow and joys. My whole mood spoils when a story is written in a very fast way and the writer forgets to add the little details which enhance the engagement of readers but I have to give it to you, you didn’t lose me as a reader in this part.

LANGUAGE

I) Grammar and Punctuation: (10/10 marks) This part was outdone by you. The grammar and punctuation are on point, which sometimes the story lack. Maybe, one of the reasons is that your story is edited. If so, your editor deserves a shout-out.

II) Writing Style: (5/5 marks) Your writing style is descriptive and unique which is one of the things I love the most about writers. The way every scene is written in your book, it’s flawless and helped me in visualizing the scenes.

III) Vocabulary: (4.5/5 marks) A great voice in a story should always have strong words, and I would say you have this asset. Not much to say about it, the choice of words added touch to your story which made it come out more beautifully.

OVERALL

I) Overall enjoyment and impression: (8.5/10 marks) The overall story, was great, a great, immaculate story which hooked me to the end. There were very few parts which lacked like some few scenes but still, you did a wonderful job. I would recommend others to read it because it is time worthy.

If you ever get stuck, feel free to reach out to me besides, I will always be checking at your story. I am looking forward to it.

Thanks for having me as your reviewer. 

94/100