《Ana》Marionette

Reviewer: ceo_kjinnie
Written by: Ariashika

➼COVER (7/10)
I liked the cover, but it lacked resemblance to the story. For example, you could’ve added a red moon in the cover instead of the blue looking moon, as mentioned in the first chapter of your book. The fonts used for the title did not fit the theme of the story. The color scheme however was perfect. Overall, I think the cover could have been more attractive. I suggest you order one from a good graphic shop.

➼TITLE (10/10)
Not much to say about the title. It was unique and a perfect fit for this story.

➼BLURB (6/10)
The blurb felt rather short. I like how you gave the definition of the title in the blurb but there were so many other missing factors. It only had a quote from the book which does not attract readers at all. Give a brief summary of what readers need to look forward to in the story rather than just mentioning the genre of the book and a random quote from it. You could also add a few interesting dialogues from the book to intrigue your audience.

➼PLOT (9/10)
The plot seems fairly interesting to me. So far not enough chapters have been updated to determine the exact plot idea but I liked the concept and the flow of events.

➼ORIGINALITY (10/10)
An original work by the author. Originality is always appreciated, keep it up!

➼ WRITING STYLE (8/10)
The writing style was easy and understandable but too informal. A lot of areas felt unnecessarily informal to me. There was a lot of humor incorporated into the story. There were places where I genuinely found it funny but others felt like they were purposefully humorized.

➼CHARACTER AND STORY DEVELOPMENT (8/10)
The characters' personalities were distinct and unique but their appearances could have been described better. All of the character's reactions to events felt realistic. As for story development, there is not much to say. I can see that there is more to be unfolded regarding the story of Y/n’s past. There is much more to be explained regarding the boys’ lives too. It is going to be interesting to see what you come up with for all this and how the story will continue.

➼SETTING/WORLDBUILDING (10/10)
Description of the surroundings was well and good. They were built properly and explained well. I was able to visualize them accordingly.

➼GRAMMAR & SPELLING (9/10)
Grammar and spelling errors weren't frequent. Most of them seemed like a simple slip of mind while writing or due to fast typing. In a few places, I noticed wrong capitalization and unwanted ellipses other than those it was fine. I’m sure you already know this but I recommend using Hemmingway Editor/Grammarly while proofreading to make it simpler. You can also submit a form in an editing shop if you are lazy.

➼ENJOYMENT AND ENGAGEMENT (8/10)
Overall, I really enjoyed doing this review. I was really excited to read it after getting to know it was a horror fanfiction (one of my most favorite genres). I just wanted to point this out, but under your most recent update, there was this picture at the end of the marionette that Y/n was talking with. That really caught me off guard especially because I was sitting super close to the screen. That sure was one spooky marionette. Anyway, I’m sorry if this review took a while, it was because I was having my finals going on. I’ll certainly check back on this story after a while to see your progress when I’m free.

➼OVERALL (85/100)
Thank you for choosing me as your reviewer, I had a good time doing this review! Have a great day/night, Ari.
                                           ~Ana