《Rose》Dream State

Reviewer: therosepoetk

Dream State by ARMY_BLINK_EXO-L
PrettyGirlsCryToo

I love this title, and it really represents your story and what it’s about. I’m getting this whole emotional baggage that comes along with the title, so that’s great if that is what you were intending. Your cover is also very pretty. It’s not too fancy or overdone, just plain and simple. I suggest that you move up your name a little bit on the cover for credits, but overall, I like the colour scheme and the aesthetic vibes it gives off. The blurb is also nice and descriptive, but I'd rather you shorten it a bit. Blurbs usually do not have some sort of first person narration in them, nor do they have a ton of quotations straight off the book. I always heartily encourage my fellow writers to make their blurbs separate from their story content, so as to get those different perspectives of the same story in. The opening was also super dramatic, which I loved. Drama is a fast and easy way to get a reader hooked into what you have to say, so I’m glad that you took that route. Your story also progresses super well overall, and I like how we have those flashbacks and flashforwards every so often. I think you can work on your transitions to make them a little smoother, however. The characters all seem very diverse, but I like how you connect them all through mental or psychological pain. The thing about friendships in the media is that you think they might last forever - or at least a very long time - because they’ve been there for you through your childhood. Obviously, this is not always the case, as the usual reason that most people end up friends is because they share some sort of scenario together, and not because they are actually, honestly, platonically compatible. But I like how your main character and her best friend click like that, through their pains and struggles, and I have full belief that this is the kind of relationship that should be explored more in books.

Amazing work. The flow and emotional appeal are amazing, but the grammar could use some work. I’ve seen some stray letters out of place, some autocorrect fails, and more, so really check your writing before you post. The quality of your words before quantity, always. But I love your story, and I’m looking forward to what you write next. Keep up the awesome work my friend!