Bradley "Rooster" Bradshaw and Shasta Mitchell part 2

A few minutes later you return inside the bar, your dad walks over and stops you "darling are you alright? As you nod your head at him "I'm alright Dad, I need to get back behind the bar do you or Hondo need another beer? As he shakes his head "na we are good darling" as you smile and head back to the bar Penny smiles "can you stay behind here I need to run to the back and get some more beers from the refrigerator? As you nod your head at her and you two switch places, you look around and Hangman walks over "doll can I have one beer please" as you nod your head at him and get him one then hands it to him he looks at you "I'm sorry I know it wasn't my place to say anything to him but you can't even look at him because you are hurt because of what he said last year" as you look at Jake "Hangman Bradley was my best friend from the age of birth to 19, I'm 36 now I know my place with him and it's all good, I appreciate you sticking up for me but you can't fix it, so stop trying please" as Hangman shakes his head "alright just know he talks about you about how he knows he messed up and lost his best friend 17 years ago he just doesn't know how to fix it between you two, maybe you can give me some ideas to give him to make it better between you" as you look at him.

"Hangman there isn't nothing that fix our friendship, it's to far gone" as Hangman shakes his head "there has to be something he can do to to build your guys friendship back" as you shake your head "drop it Hangman please " as he smiles "alright I'll drop it but he may have other ideas" as he walks off and Rooster comes up and says "your dad wanted a whiskey neat and I was hoping I could talk to you and you will look at me this time" as you grab a glass and make your dad his whiskey neat, then you look up. He smiles at you "Hey" as you send him a small smile "Hey Bradshaw" as he smirks "your hair has got real long and it looks amazing" as you smile "yours has got lightly from the sun" as your dad comes over and gets his whiskey neat and pats Rooster back "you two talking finally? You look at him. He smirks "during your break me and Bradley talked, and I know you two stopped being friends because of what I did and I'm sorry to both of you, but you two had 19 years of friendship don't go another day not talking to each other and building your friendship back, plus I know I haven't been the best dad to you Shasta and I'm sorry on that too, I know you feel I'm being a dad to Amelia And pushing you a side but I'm not I guess I'm trying to be a better dad with Amelia then I was with you, because I know I messed up our relationship so while you are working on your friendship with Bradley I'll be working on my relationship with you both" as he walks off And Bradley smirks and says "tomorrow you want to meet up and have lunch?, I miss my best friend and I want to work on our relationship" as you look at him 'sure I'll meet you tomorrow for lunch, Bradley I have missed you too and I want to work on our relationship too" as he smirks and says "can I have a coke please" as you nod your head at him and grab him one before he heads back to the pool table, Penny comes back and stands next to you "I'm guessing Bradley talked to you, he pulled your dad aside when you went outside and they didn't fight they just talked and then your dad hug him and Bradley hug him back it a nice moment, then Hangman talked to Bradley and they work on some of their problems before you came back in" as you smile"yeah we talked and we are meeting up for lunch tomorrow, Penny I am not getting my hopes up because everytime I do it falls apart, but Bradley Bradshaw has had my heart since I was 11 and he was 13 the last couple years him not wanted anything to do with Me not even able to look at him properly it's hurt my heart and I don't know if I can put myself completely 100 percent out there again especially with him" as Penny nods her head and says "take each day at your pace babygirl" as you smile and go back to work.

Fast forward until the hard deck is closed, Penny left with your dad and you are heading home too, Bradley is waiting outside the bar his blue bronco parked near the entrance to the bar as you walk out and he is leaning against it his hands on his jeans shorts, "your dad asked me to give you a ride home" as you smile at him "oh I see he took my car to get Penny home, since she got dropped off by her brother this evening, I need to get my keys back from him" as Bradley smirks "come on Mitchell let's get you home, it's way pass your bedtime" as you look at him And he opens the bronco passenger side door for you as you walk over and get in, you haven't been in it since the summer of your 19th year. You two went on a camping trip before Bradley find out about your dad pulling his papers and then a few days later he stop talking to you the camping trip was the last time you where in the bronco, he closes the door and goes around and gets in the driver side and starts it up, you let him know your address, it's close to your dad and Penny's place but it's still far enough away. He turns on some music and it's the oldies, the first song is Poison - Every Rose Has Its Thorn, Bradley looks over at you in the passenger seat and sees you singing along to the music and he smirks, your always been so free spirit and that was one thing he loved about you, still does you rock to your own dram, making your own path to your happiness. He drives you to your house, it's a 4 bedroom 3 bath beach house, with a big deck and porches, a double garage a nice backyard And front one too. It's your dream house you always said you wanted a house like this right on the beach and you got it 5 years ago and but it become yours completely 2 last year right after the whole thing with him happen at the bar, you almost after you paid it off sold it and left down but you decide no on that idea. He knows your in deep thought because you haven't said anything to him in a few minutes so he leans back in his seat after he parks in the driveway waiting on you to speak or react to something.

To be continued!!!