Breaking To Pieces

Tw: Suffocation mention (nightmare), blood, death (mostly minor mentions with minimal detail)

—Nightmare's POV—

We finally made it here, in the dead of night. Me and my men slipped through all those shitty defenses since most of us aren't complete and total dumbasses. We all stood suspiciously underneath a flickering streetlight, discussing how to go about this. 

Suddenly, a strong sense of anxiety caught my attention and I hissed at everyone to be quiet. "Shut up." I said plainly to those who didn't hear my warning hiss. Immediately all mouths clicked shut, and everyone just awkwardly glanced around to see our surroundings.

We were obviously in a more well kept part of this place. I pinpointed the source of anxiety to be a couple hundred feet away, just a quick bound could kill the distance, but I'd ignore it for now. 

"Alright bois let's split up and do what we normally do." 

I smirked at all of them, receiving 5 devious nods from my group I watched them all scatter, relishing in the large amount of negativity that amassed from the attack. Oddly enough, that same sense of anxiety stuck out to me for some reason I can't put my finger on. Sighing at the near addictive sense it gave off, I slowly made my way towards it, walking the couple hundred feet I'd estimated earlier. 

It was a human curled up on a bus bench. They in the fetal position, sleeping I assumed. But even in their dreams they carried such negativity with them that I couldn't help but tap their  forehead with a tentacle, smirking as I watched the small amount of slime seep into their skin.

They flipped over, now faced away from me, but still sleeping. 

—Your POV—

~Nightmare Start~

Suddenly, you dropped through the floorboards of your plain home, landing on your rear with a sickening thud. "Ouch.." You muttered, not realizing that you were a fly caught in a spider's web, or rather a shrimp caught in an octopus's tentacles. It was darkness all around you, just dark in all directions. 

"Heya." An odd voice called out to you. 

Instantly your reflexes recognized it and you turned around, eyes full of hope and admiration. But instead of the warm gentle figure of your father with a smile, it was the large flaming house you once stayed in. 

You screamed, but nothing came out. 

The smoke had already filled your lungs and was inevitably suffocating you. 

You panicked, cried, tried calling for help.

But nobody came...Until it was too late.

~Nightmare End~

You woke up, immediately sensing life and small movements behind you. You froze, and your body stiffened, making breathing a little harder. You prayed silently in your head for whoever was standing there to  just go away and leave you to cry alone. 

"I know you're awake~."

You jolted at the voice. Specifically the tone. It was sly, evil almost, giving you the notion that this person wanted nothing but trouble. 

The male chuckled darkly, making you shiver. "You can get up now, acting as though you're sleeping is pointless." You gulped shifting into a sitting position, but refusing to face the male. 

He sighed, seemingly not interested in you anymore. "Ok, if you will be difficult, your life will end very, very, painfully." He said, unamused.  At the last moment you turned to face him, but saw no one. It was as though he teleported away. 

You sighed out a breath you had no idea you were holding. And at the moment 2 things became apparent to you. One; you were shaking like a leaf.

And two; Your universe was currently being raided by a band of pillagers. 

Eyes wide, you quickly hopped off the bench and ran to a broken down shop with a bunker the owner told you about a while back. It was just a couple blocks from here and if you ran quickly, you could be there in ten minutes. 

Ten minutes flew by like the wind nipping at your face, and grabbing at your hair. You'd found the shop and struggled to bust down the wooden door to get inside. You found a safety axe in a nearby alley and used that to break down the door, this time successfully.

Upon entering you promptly collapsed onto your bottom, underneath a window close to the door. You sat on your knees and turned around to look out the window, spotting a unique figure instantly. 

He was a skeleton, with a large hole in his skull, wearing a blue hoodie with fur lining the edges and  a white bloodstained shirt underneath. He also wore typical basketball shorts, that were black with a white stripe running down each side.

You watched in an awestruck horror as he cleaved human and monsters alike, ruthlessly swinging on them with his axe. He looked... happy almost. As if he enjoyed it. After killing all of the people in the burning area you recoiled as he did something disgusting. He licked the axe, clearing it of all the dust and blood. 

You cringed and gagged, completely forgetting the fact he was a skeleton and shouldn't be able to lick it anyway... After your little choking session however, you became aware of something terrifying. 

His one blood-red eye was looking straight at you, a sinister smile on his face.

~~~~~~~~~

Yay! Double update. I'll go read now but I'll start on the next one. 

Hope you enjoyed. Thanks for reading!

- De Moogus