The Hunter

(also me listening to the Undertale OST while writing this but keeps getting caught reading the comments.... I'm looking for inspiration and a song to put on my AMV...)

—Your POV—

You skipped happily down the street, completely unaware of the dangers awaiting you around literally any corner. It was peaceful, with no one on the streets as you walked silently, breathing smoothly as you appreciated the fact that you were still alive and young, able to frolic in the joy of life, without a care or fear in the entire world...

Until of course, a random shuffling from an alley totally rocketed you out of your feelings entirely. You sighed quickening the pace as your heart rate steadily increased, your mind creating noises just to mock you. You felt genuinely afraid now, all the beauty and appreciation you'd felt a moment ago, suddenly evaporating without a second thought. 

Before you knew it, audible footsteps could be heard behind you as you broke into a sprint, not daring to glance behind you. You heard muffled cursing too, before a little heart popped out of your chest and you started floating, immediately sending yourself into panic. 

You didn't even have time to look at your pursuer before everything went completely black, you vision suddenly crumpled into a sightless void, for a span of time your brain couldn't even process. It was all the limitless and unrecognizable hallucination until it wasn't, the time it wasn't being when you woke up, tied to a chair and given horrifying memories of what Killer and Dust did to you, but with a twinge of nostalgia. 

"Damn... you humans sleep like rocks." 

You whipped your head up to see the large and serious looking dog man, with a heavily masculine body and a frighteningly huge spear. He had a menacing scar from his forehead down to his lower cheek, comically twisting across his face and going straight over his eye. 

You struggled a bit in the chair, and as expected; the ropes didn't budge at all. It's not like you thought they would magically fall off or anything, but you at least wanted some space for your arms to breathe, which you were currently being restricted from. 

"You're Y/N L/N... correct?" The dog questioned, pulling out a sheet of paper that looked oddly familiar to you. "Umm... correct..." You answered, feeling incredibly uneasy in your current position. "Good, the boss will see you in 10 minutes, would you like some water?" Suddenly the demeanor changed, even if just by a little. The dog guy put on a slightly less disgruntled face, offering a small grin to maybe brighten the mood.

You nodded, your throat not feeling too parched, but it had obviously been a while since you'd drank anything. After the dog left, you examined the room, seeing the paint stripped walls and the poor condition of the place. The lack of care brought a frown to your face, and you jolted when you heard a voice ring out from the back of the room.

"Didn't I tell you to stay outta trouble kiddo?" It was a tired and patient voice, belonging to a person you'd seen, but not met. You craned your neck to see the same orange-hoodied skeleton standing there with a disapproving look on his face, rounding the chair to stand in front of you, before reconsidering and assuming a crouched stance to be level with your sitting form. 

"Umm... do I know you?" You asked, dodging the question to make an equally relevant point. "Does it really matter? I'm sure you heard Core call me Stretch back there... unless you weren't particularly interested." He sighed, an unlit cigarette hanging from the edge of his teeth. 

"Oh... why are you here then?" You queried, your tone was innocent and light-hearted but on the inside, you figured you had much better things to do. He seemingly saw through the façade however, and frowned in just the slightest, opening his mouth to speak but abruptly closing it to remain silent. 

"You know what, that hound is about to come back... and I'm not allowed to tell you anything about me anyway... toodles." He blipped out of existence after that, and you couldn't help but wonder where he was now. You felt kind of lonely now, regretting the thought that Stretch was unimportant to you, but also becoming rather skeptical of him. 

The dog crashed through the door, a medium-sized plastic cup in his hand. You contemplated how you were going to drink it with your hands restrained, but when he jabbed the cup towards your face you were almost in complete disbelief. You looked at him, and he gestured for you to drink it, making your face heat up in the slightest, but you'd faced much more humiliating trials right? Tis' was but a scratch on your honor as a human. 

You drank the water proudly, the refreshing taste rather calming in the stressful position you were currently in, making you feel a little more content with yourself. The warm smile of the dog man and his wagging tail making you feel better as well, and you felt compelled to pet him but you were kind of being held down by ropes and that would prove very difficult. 

Everything was fun and games until year again, something came to ruin the high spirits of you mood, this time being the jiggle of the door handle, and the terrifying approach of the crude looking individual who gave the dog a firm pat on the shoulder, altering his entire aura, into a rock hard, uncaring statue, who promptly left the room after receiving the pat. 

You felt fear creeping up your spine as the skeletal figure turned to you, tall and lanky, just like Stretch, and he didn't look happy, eased, or even tired, he just looked disdainful and well, snooty to say the least... 

But most of all, he looked like he meant business. 

~~~~~~~~~~

Woohoo... glad I did this hmm? I'm in a kinda decent mood on most Saturday nights, but now I need to go do my chores, so toodles. Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed!!

- De Moogus 

(P.S The I cried during at least 3 songs in the Undertale OST, and I even fell a sleep to some, going back to the simple and wholesome beauty of the game without all the complications and stereotypes we get from all these different AUs is really refreshing, and I think we should all take the time to appreciate the original content all this craziness sprung from, Toby put so much care and effort into this game so we could feel so much emotion and actually enjoy it, and he did a damn good job. So, to end this before I write another essay, not saying all the extra is bad, (I mean the X Event has people who know nothing of Undertale seeing it and being genuinely inspired) but, remember to take a break every once and a while ok? Whether it's listening to the whole OST, checking Toby's official twitter page, going to steam and exploring the files for the thousandth time, or just going and watching someone play through it with a smile on your face. You deserve a break and I know some of you live hard lives, but thanks so much for reading my book and reading my messages, I truly love you all and I'm glad we can share similar passions... thanks a billion.)