Reaper's Rescue?

—Your POV—

Inhale...

   Exhale...

      Inhale...

         Exhale...

            Inhale...!

Oops, seems like you just inhaled something that wasn't air. Your sore eyes popped open, but you couldn't see much. You were obviously in someone's arms, you could feel it, but who's? You recoiled slightly, trying to get a better look of your savior. You didn't remember much from last night except the searing pain that came with it. Speaking of that pain, your entire body was sore, and your muscles were weak from restrain and injury. 

Turning your head, and shaking the bit of black fabric off your face, you looked up to see none other than Reaper, the carefree skeleton who apparently saved you from Killer and Dust's wrath. He appeared to be asleep, his physique slightly lopsided as gravity lightly tugged on his slumbering form. You sleepily chuckled to yourself, nuzzling back into his cloak without a second thought. 

Before you could fall back asleep, your chuckle echoed back to you, making you jolt and look back at Reaper, who was also apparently fond of playing sleep to study a person's actions. You glared at him, and he set you aside out of his lap. "Rise and shine babe, you're lucky I have such a big heart." Reaper joked, running his phalanges across your face and arms, making you shiver.

You went over yourself as well, seeing a few large bruises of colors you didn't even know your skin could turn. Reaper sighed, looking down at the floor. "I could've prevented some of that if I showed up earlier... but I'm a bit of a lazybones." Reaper mocked, and you sent him another glare. "Reaper, th-thanks." You muttered, earning his full attention and a ruffling of your hair. "It's really nothing babe, but I'll bet your hungry." He replied, just as your stomach grumbled in agreement. 

You blushed and Reaper giggled, getting up off the bed before offering you a hand to help you up too. Graciously, you took his gloved hand, immediately regretting it when the horrible aching shot up your legs, causing you to stumble and fall right into Reaper with and 'umph!'. Reaper caught you of course, but you still involuntarily tried to push of him, your legs screaming in protest when you went to stand up on your own. 

"You might wanna avoid walking babe." Reaper said seriously, lifting you up bridal style, making you squeal and blush profusely. Reaper smirked, adjusting you for a better grip before hushing you, reminding you there were still skeletons at rest. You sighed and complied, seeing no point in struggling if you couldn't walk on your own. You'd learned how to use crutches in the 12th grade and 1st year of college, having the knowledge still fresh in your head, but you weren't aware if Nightmare had any crutches laying around his huge mystery mansion. 

"You're certainly heavier than you look..." Reaper mumbled, catching a fist to the chest from your slightly enraged self. He just laughed it off, exiting your room and heading downstairs, where Crooks and Nightmare were awake and preparing food. Neither of them noticed you two spying from the loft, much to your delight. You still couldn't figure out why if you came around they automatically knew you were there, but with Reaper, it was like you too were shrouded by his mystical cloak of darkness and comfort. 

Nightmare seemed to be learning how to cook, following Crooks' instructions with little to no protest. Sure he got cocky every now and again, but for the most part, he was listening pretty well. Crooks wasn't barking orders at him either, he was kindly instructing the goopy skeleton on how to properly boil noodles, season the meat correctly, control the temperature of the sauce, and lastly, slice those treacherous onions. 

They were generally collaborating in a social environment, the sight bringing a smile to your lips. "Wanna go say hi?" Reaper suggested, his gaze staying on you the entire time. You shook you head rapidly, not wanting to be seen like this with Reaper especially in your current state. "Too bad." Reaper purred, smoothly floating down the stairs, every step you went down, only made the blush creep up on your face. 

Reaper set you down on a couch you hadn't seen on any prior occasion, tapping your nose before heading into the kitchen, completely in your view since it was an open one. You weren't able to make out what he was saying, but he obviously annoyed Nightmare, and probably made Crooks the slightest bit uncomfortable. At one point, he looked at you, the other two skeletons promptly following his line of sight before all eyes were on you, making you squirm in discomfort.

Nightmare rolled his eye before going back to cooking, Crooks waved kindly to you, and Reaper winked. Part of you just wanted to walk over and see what was going on, but your legs were still sore from trying to stand earlier. Reluctantly, you pouted alone on the couch, that is, until Reaper came over with a plate for you full of spaghetti. "Bone appétit." Reaper said comically before handing you the plate, keeping and eye in you to make sure you ate it. 

"It's a specially made version babe, infused with magic to help you feel better." Reaper encouraged, making you pause and examine the pasta dish. "Magic?" You queried, locking eyes with the odd being of jokes and carelessness. "Umm— haven't you realized you're living in a house full of walking talking corpse monsters? With weapons, permanent slime, inexplicable abilities, senses, and—" 

"Ok! I get it..." You interrupted, shoveling a forkful of the food into your mouth. "Happy now?" You grumbled dryly through a mouthful of food, earning a yawn from Reaper. "I guess so." He responded, relaxing on the sofa. You continued eating, looking at Nightmare and Crooks every few moments to check their progress, the soreness in your joints slowly melting away with each bite. 

Today was going to be harder than the rest. 

~~~~~~~~~~

Lol... imagine being late to your first 3 classes because you slept in past your alarm... couldn't be me.... (Cap) Oki! Good chapter? Yas? Thank you! Reaper is one of my favorite skeletons of all! I like Horror better though. I really wish I could include Fell somewhere but he's not in this one. ;n;

Thanks for reading hope you enjoyed!! I luv u all!! Today was such a good day regardless. 

- De Moogus