Goodbye, Edge

—Your POV—

You put on a brave face, sitting straight up on the couch though your hands were trembling. You were feeling off, Edge's stare felt a little bit too heavy, your clothes felt a little too clingy, and the air in the room felt just a touch too stuffy. You had no idea if it were a side effect from the new clothes and lack of dirt and being in front of someone who was around 10 feet tall or whatever, but you felt like you were going to vomit at a moment's notice.

"Sooo... Human, I believe that your expression shows that you are uncomfortable yes?" Edge queried, face light and innocent, but there was an underlying dread in his tone that made your stomach churn. You nodded, not at all trusting yourself to speak as of now.

Edge stiffened, the way a person stiffens when they have bad news, and Edge's constant fidgeting with his phalanges didn't make you feel any better. "I must inform you of something that may throw your plans off course, but do not worry human, I have a replacement that shall actually do better than what you desired." Edge chirped, brightening the mood just enough. 

You initial thought was Shit, but now that you could get something better than nicotine, (which you had no idea how to store or take care of) you felt hope and confidence bloom in your chest, in fact the idea of satisfying that disgusting mobster into giving you top-notch information filled you with DeTermination

"My brother doesn't actually like nicotine you see, he was probably just wanting some to pawn off on someone he owes. But if I know one thing about my own older brother, it's that he loves to satisfy himself more than anyone." Edge explained, slowly pulling up a bag from out of nowhere and holding it out to you, his long limb easily making the space between you two look laughable, and you graciously took it from him. 

You looked down at it, fondling it with your hands to create the image of two items inside, a rectangular box with... something inside, and a... bottle? You scrunched up your face in confusion and looked at Edge who looked pleased. "Umm... what's inside?" You whispered, your voice coming out more meek than you intended, but Edge made no comment so you didn't ponder on it. 

"A mustard bottle and a pack of magic cigarettes." 

You face only twisted more at his peculiar statement. "What?" You asked, half of you not believing what he said, and the other half not hearing what he said. "Yes... I found after little observation my brother likes those things." Edge sighed out, glancing off to the side as an unmistakable drop of sweat slid down his face. 

"But... hasn't he been in jail?" You blurted out, meaning to keep that to yourself, but not really regretting the question. Edge's face hardened a little, before ha let out an agitated tsk. "He's not really in jail silly human, he's merely putting on a ploy to explore the inside of the prison as well as interact with the staff there." Edge sighed, than looked at you sympathetically. "I always knew humans had a way of magically forcing monsters to talk." Edge nearly growled, but the tone was so playful it confused you. 

"Y-Yeah ok I get that..." You lied, shifting awkwardly when Edge brought his gaze back to you. He chuckled at your antics, it was genuine which made you blush a tiny bit. You show him a smile before recollecting yourself and standing up, looking over your shoulder at the relaxed skeleton to make sure he didn't look too panicked. 

When you looked at him his face became serious, gaze making you tense as he nearly glared. "Don't squander my kindness human, and don't screw this up for yourself. I know whoever you're 'hunting' is important to you, but do not let your goals cloud your sense of better judgement."

With an understanding and just nod of your head, you curtsied and bolted out the door, adrenaline filling your excitable veins as you dashed down the streets, in search of the nearest bus stop.

—Time Skip—

On the bus was you, panting and suddenly hungry from your dash down the street. You assumed earlier that Nightmare probably knocked you out for a few hours, the stings of pain from your body were only aching weakly, enough to ignore, but when you thought about it it become much more unnerving.

You were beside two monsters, you weren't daring enough to scan them though, concluding that you'd never see them again and much too dead-set on your motives to care. Your mind was screaming with joy as your bus neared the prison building, it was only a mile or so away, your heart beating rapidly as your attempt to keep the giddy smile off your face failed. 

You just felt so happy, happy that you were one step closer to seeing Horror, so you could give him a large hug and apologize already. It made your heart burn like hell to know you just left him hanging in the first place, and while saving him wouldn't be easy, you were ready to end this stupid arc of cat and mouse and set things right again. 

All the horrible possibilities were clouding your head, you could die, Horror could've died, he might've lost hope in you, he might be angry, Nightmare could lose his patience, any number of terrifying things could happen... and you had to force all those bad things away as to avoid public humiliation such as crying on the bus or something that could be seen as weak or childish. 

The bus skidded to a stop though, disrupting any thoughts you had anyways. 

~~~~~~~~~~

Damn... today was such a dream you guys... I loved every last minute of fall break that started today. I'm going to write a one shot about today even. Imma put it in a whole other book. Haaaaaaaaa... I share my good luck with you all... may you all be blessed. Now then, go say hello to someone you love, smile at your friends and make sure to put your best foot forward. Amen. 

Thanks for reading, Hope you enjoyed. 

- De Moogus 

(/j)