Saviors?

Tw: Corpses.

—??? POV—

We were here on a special mission. Nightmare and his evil team had just raided another universe, and unfortunately it was upon me and my friends to clean up his mess. I sighed silently, stepping softly through the portal to the destroyed and wrecked universe. 

Wow, these sights never cease to amaze and terrify me. Looking around and doing a full 360, I saw burning buildings, dead bodies, and dust littered everywhere, a truly gruesome sight.

"Alright, Blue, Ink, you guys go that way. We should split up to cover more ground."

That was our leader, Dream. He was Nightmare's brother and they've been fighting for a really long time. I nodded at him and he returned the gesture before running off somewhere. 

The only reason we were doing this was because unlike the other universe that got raided, pillaged, and then utterly destroyed, this universe's destruction was delayed. Which confused me, making me think this might've been a trap. But we'll be long gone before it's fully destroyed even if it is. 

Also, much to all of our surprises, a single life form was preserved in this desolate place. And Dream was intent on finding it. 

Ink came over and poked me, making me snap out of my thought trance and look at him. "Oh hi Ink what's up?" I asked quietly, forcing my head up to look at the taller skeleton. 

"We're supposed to split up buddy." He said, a hidden threat under his words as he ruffled my skull. He then proceeded to run in a different direction than Dream but still away from me. 

I huffed, he must've thought I was only here to be cute of something. But I will prove him wrong. 

Last mission went pretty bad. We were visiting a universe in this sector back when the raids had just started. Unfortunately, before we made our leave Nightmare had already shown up to attack, catching us right in the cross fire. 

We were unprepared, tired, and scared... and I think I did the worst. 

Ink and Dream must think the same too because Ink's been giving cold shoulder kinda, and Dream's been... distant. But I'll make it up to them I promise.

"I AM THE MAGNIFICENT BLUE!" I shouted to myself, giggling at the echo that reverberated off the walls in the surrounding area. 

And with that I took off, looking around for a while. I'd found some collapsed buildings that I cleaned up and looked through, finding nothing unfortunately. I took a small break near a broken down convenience store, and that's when I caught sight of something unusual. 

It was a building that looked like it had been chopped down rather than burned like most. Cautiously I made my way over to it, keeping my steps light and swift, which proved useless when the wood creaked loudly, making me cringe. 

For a split second I thought I heard a small yelp. 

Immediately, I called out to whoever might be among the ruin, hoping to find the life we were looking for. 

"HELLO? IS ANYONE THERE? I'M HERE TO HELP!"

No response. 

—Your POV— (around 5 minutes before.) 

You had been casually minding you business. It had been a few days since you got trapped down here. You found another hidden compartment with books inside, old dusty books. (My fav type)

Though you never really cared for reading, you had humbly sat down on your sleeping bag, and now had your nose caught within the pages. Page 131 of 'IceFire' by Chris d'Lacey. You'd already finished book one within 2 days, you were a quick reader and were eating this stuff up. 

A sudden creak made you yelp and drop your book. 

Instantly, you paused all movements, trying to calm your breathing and racing heart. You squeezed your eyes shut hoping, it was just the ruin of the building groaning miserably at you. Looking to gain some entertainment by maybe shocking you. 

The fact that someone called out only killed the idea. 

"HELLO? IS ANYONE THERE? I'M HERE TO HELP!"

The voice was loud and energetic, sort of bouncy but in an innocent way. Like a child's voice, yet it had a certain authority to it as though the person would valiantly fight for those they cared about. 

A few more creaks sounded, indicating the person moving across the decaying wood of the ruins. You relaxed slightly, and adjusted to a more comfortable position before quickly tensing at another sharp creak. 

Oddly, the person gasped loudly before there was a thud indicating something you couldn't guess. It was over by the side with the trap door. There was some shuffling, then a loud grinding like noise. 

The person grunted, taking small breaks in between to breathe it sounded like. After more grinding the person sighed triumphantly, a muffled 'Mweh heh heh' coming from above. 

"YOU ARE FR—"

Finally, a loud, sharp, CRACK rang out and the bunker caved inwards.

~~~~~~~~~

Ok, ok I think I screwed the height thing. But after learning some cannon stuff I was like 'fuck it!' And gave them all height cannon to this little AU thing I'm writing. (Srsly Ink at a proud 3'8 ft?!) you don't have to mind it tho Ofc, just my brain braining over here. 

Also... there have been SO many hidden puns throughout this book already lmaooo only more to come ig... 

Hope u enjoyed thanks for reading!

- De Moogus