In it to win it

—Nightmare's POV—

I stared at Horror, who was trembling with something I couldn't quite recognize. He over his shoulder was that same human with the huge anxiety. It's so odd how it comes off them, it's like a drug to tune in to. 

Shaking my head from the clouding thoughts of their complex aura, I gazed around the room, briefly questioning as to how my brother got his hands on something so rare...

And what he thinks of it?

"Well little human," Horror cooed, obviously enjoying their terror. "Would you like to be a housekeeper..."

"Or die?"

I felt the fear give an intense spike, making me groan and shift, getting used to this weird aura will probably take time. The human noted this behavior, though shaken they managed to utter out an acceptable answer.

"I-I pledge to be your m-most loyal and hardworking housekeeper M-Mr. B-Boss and H-Horror Sir!"

I lightly scoffed in approval, 'Mr. Boss' heh. "You can put her down now Horror." I shifted my gaze lazily to the sweating skeleton. Horror simply shook his head, making me slightly confused.

Just then, Dust came down the stairs, hands in his pockets and a satisfied look on his face. 

Along with a faint tint of blue? 

I shot him a questionable glance, and he avoided looking at me. 

"Well if you're gonna keep it, you're gonna take care of it. I'm not going to hesitate to kill your pet if you don't keep it in check." Horror nodded, his confident smirk widening. "And it can't come out on missions with you. You're gonna have to discipline it." Horror nodded again. 

"Ok I'm done. Don't screw this up Horror, you already know the rules." 

—Your POV—

And just like that, your were carried outside, and the whole time you stared at the hooded skeleton who was behind Horror. You only allowed yourself to stare because he wasn't trying to stare you back down. You got a pretty good scan of him and concluded he's definitely a skeleton, and he wears similar attire to Horror and Boss. 

"Ok are we gonna teleport or take a nice little portal?" Horror asked, but received no response. He tilted his head, and hummed a little. 

"Niiiiiightmaaaare."

The goopy skeleton hissed, seemingly disturbed. "Here you fucking nuisances..."  

He melted into a puddle of black slime, and a couple seconds later you were pulled up into what looked like a living room. Horror randomly let go of you, making you instinctively cling to him for dear life, even though you were just a few feet off the ground. 

Horror looked at you astonished, but his face quickly melted into some type of smug you couldn't find reason for, normally if you just gripped a stranger for dear life they'd either stand there awkwardly or fight you off... not make some suspicious face...

Upon tearing your gaze and body away from Horror's you noticed all the skeleton just sitting here, silently staring at you. Shifting your weight, you tensed as you noticed all the sadistic smirks spreading across their faces, slowly inching behind Horror as you mentally counted them. 

Four. Four in total, the hooded one (who just now noticed you), One who was dressed for Antarctic weather, specifically in white and black. An odd looking one with dark bones and glitchy fizzes all over, and one who cried some yucky black shit with a target like red soul. 

You and Horror were surrounded, Boss/Nightmare had slunk off somewhere, leaving you in the middle of the front room you'd soon become familiar with cleaning. You looked up at Horror, who was looking around at his acquaintances and sharing simple gestures. 

"Ok Horror, I think we've all noticed this by now... why did you come back with a live human?" The one with the target soul queried, giggling and snickering maliciously. 

"Cuz' I didn't feel like killin' it." Horror huffed. Silence filled the room as eight eyes scanned over you repeatedly, making you tremble.

 "Well, you never cease to surprise us bud... Why not tell us what happened on that trip, and more importantly," The target souled skeleton looked sharply at you.

 "How the hell that thing survived."

—Time Skip—

Currently, you were in a wooden chair, watching the skeletons converse about the raid of the Star Sanses, or rather the 'Star Shits'. Apparently, Dream is Nightmare's brother and they've been fighting for a long time. The thought made you frown, temporarily attempting to leave the front room to acquire a much needed drink of water. 

As soon as you walked about ten feet away, Horror teleported in front of you, making you yelp and stumble backwards onto your chair. You readjusted, facing Horror instead of the rest of the skeletons, but still feeling their unforgiving gazes on your back. 

"Now, Now, little pet, you can't just get up and leave your master~." He smirked widely, making you whimper an apology and cover your face with your hands. 

"I-I suppose I can't H-Horror Sir.." You muttered, daring to look up at the menacing skeleton.

He hummed thoughtfully, looking from his friends to you and back. 

"Well then, l suppose I'd better introduce you to my friends huh? And set some ground rules for you. Meet me at midnight ok?" Horror purred, his tone smooth and confident.

"Ok H-Horror Sir..."

~~~~~~~~~~

Nice, finally our story can truly begin.

But on a real note, school starts soon and my parents got me on this crappy sleeping schedule. I might not be able to post two chapters everyday but I guarantee at least 3 a week.

Thanks for reading, Hope you enjoyed.  

- De Moogus