Town Walk

—Your POV—

You start your walk with a small shiver. 

You walk between two skeletons, your silence light as you traverse the city streets. 

It's a tad crowded today, crisp spring air softly licking at your face, tugging a small smile up on your lips. 

For the first time in a while, you're completely relaxed. Your guard is down, your body doesn't ache from some inexplicable pain, and your mental dilemmas have been moved to a date that seems far in the future. 

And lastly, your arms are hooked with the people you appreciate most in this Omega-Hell.

The wind tickles your ears as you walk steadily, vibes neutral as a few passing strangers compliment your attire, to which you return. 

Most of the people out here are actually monsters, with various appearances and gimmicks. It's a little odd, not that it bothers you, but pretty peculiar by your judgement. 

You guys make a few leisurely turns, and for a brief moment, you wish the peacefulness of the walk could last forever, but you quickly shove it away as not to cause any mental stress. 

It's all pretty smooth for the first ten to fifteen minutes, until the silence is broken by an unexpected query from Lust. 

"Darling tell me, can you feel that we're being watched?" 

Immediately you whip your head to him, but he's not looking at you. His scrutinizing gaze is upturned, glaring into the sky and searching for a stalker. 

You glance at Horror, who's doing the same, except his gaze is a little more thoughtful. 

Well, you didn't feel like you were being watched until Lust said something, so you shake your head and hum with the gust that nips at your hair and throat. 

"Oh well, sneaking suspicion is all, I suppose." Lust coos, sharing a short glance with Horror before you all continue on. 

Lust mentions something else about a stalker, and Horror shushes him. You don't feel like speaking all too much as you proceed with your journey however.

Off in the distance, down the busy street, there is a very large group of people, shouting various things that all mix together, and your skeleton buddies falter. 

Horror and Lust then come to a halt, and agitated glowers turned unto the large grouping of people. 

"They're blocking the way." Horror growls, his tone low and threatening, as if it would be enough to get the army of fellows to dissolve. 

"You know, we could partake in a detour." Lust suggests, leaning forward with dull interest and a nonchalant look. 

Then the conversation goes silent, and you feel gazes like daggers hit you as the hair on your neck raises. It's pretty clear that they want you to answer this decision, or else they wouldn't stopped talking to obliviously stare at you. 

You shoot a deadpan at the two of them before you straighten up and think. Maybe you should go around, but your anxious brain yells at you to plow through. Curiosity also supports that theory, as you kind of want to know what the huge horde is for. 

But... you don't want to risk going through the crowd. What if someone blows your disguise or somehow recognizes you? Then you'll be screwed. 

Sure it'll take longer, but you should probably be more safe than sorry and just take a detour. Besides, it's likely there'll be police officers and guards and crap trying to regulate a group of people so large. 

"I think we should take a detour." You state plainly, your voice radiating it's usual innocence. Lust hums in triumph, starting on the way around, while Horror groans, reluctantly following you two. 

"Good choice Darling, wouldn't want to be trampled~." Lust purrs, a small snicker accompanying his tone as Horror grumbles something you don't quite hear. 

And so, you walk around, the crowd. 

It takes another 20 minutes or so, going through emptier more secluded streets until you're back on track. You can tell because of the way Horror's obvious disagreement eases. 

"Just about one more mile, Darling." Lust informs you, putting some spring in your step as you suddenly feel a little more eager to arrive on the bus. 

Sure, a mile on foot might not be a short distance, but in your head it gives you something to work towards, so you pull Horror and Lust along with your newly found speed. 

"Someone's excited." Horror chuckles, his long stride matching your quick, short steps. 

You turn to smirk at him, and he smiles back. You are excited, and no stopping an excited human. 

You drag them along the pathway that they instruct you on. It's fun, playful, childish even. It fills you with a sense of mirth. 

However, before you get too deep in your carefree joyousness, you're yanked to a stop. 

Trance shattered, you gaze confusedly at Horror and Lust, who are rigid with a feeling you can't exactly put a finger on. 

"Cupcake, stay close." Horror advises, stepping up beside you in a protective manner as Lust does the same. 

"Someone's definitely watching us. And not that guy Epic sent." Lust snaps, venom evident in his tone as he scans the skies. 

You fight off a shudder threatening to work it's way through you. You don't have to worry, you're safe, and everything's going to be fine. 

You proceed, but this time with caution, going on for another short way before finally, you arrive at the bus station. 

"We're here, Darling." Lust says, ignoring the fact that you already knew that. 

You glance up at the large, dome-shaped building you're at. 

"Wait, I thought we were going somewhere to get on a bus." You interject, earning puzzled looks from both of the skeletons who grip your arms passionately. 

"No, no Darling. We come here, buy and verify tickets, and then get on the bus when it arrives." Lust corrects you, a small bit of apology in his winning grin. 

"Best behavior ok? This is OmegaVerse protocol I guess." Horror utters, walking into the large building. 

Oh well, you're in the homestretch still, so you aren't too upset. 

~~~~~~~~~~

Hey everybody, really really thankful for all the support... I just don't feel like I say it enough but I really do love reading the comments and checking who gave a vote, even checking stats brings me joy. You guys are very awesome, please keep being as kind and encouraging as you all are. 

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed!

- De Moogus