Noelle?

*cracks knuckles... 'you got this Moogus'.*

—Your POV—

You froze as the reindeer walked over to you, the faint red hue across your cheeks indistinguishable because of the dim lighting. She held her head down, determined not to make eye contact as she swiftly shuffled over to you, her shoeless hooves fascinating you.

"E-Excuse me... s-sorry to bother you but would you please walk with me...?" 

Your attention snapped up to her face, and she visibly flinched. "Oh... of course." You replied kindly, allowing the reindeer-like creature to walk with you. You had just passed room 12, and your pace wasn't picking up any time soon, so you sought to strike up a hearty conversation. 

"Uum... what's your name?" You whispered, and she looked to you and smiled softly. "I'm Noelle Holiday." She chirped, looking at you expectantly, as it was rude not to share your name as well. "Ah, I'm Y/n L/n." You said returning the warm grin. 

"I don't know if you really care, but I'm here to bail out my friend." Noelle hummed, wistfully gazing up at the darkened ceiling, her pace quickening by the slightest amount. "I have to get her out because she got riled up by some pesky humans looking for trouble... no offense." She hurriedly corrected, though you'd felt no prejudice against you. 

"Her name's Susie... gets kinda competitive at times..." She informed you, and you nodded to show respect. (I swear to god I didn't mean to google her name just to end up looking at all the fanart for 20 minutes straight.) She flicked out a paper which you assumed was the number card, before muttering a small '72'. 

"Hey... my acquaintance is in 69, do you want me to walk you all the way down?" You suggested, blushing just a little at her enthusiastic nod. You weren't interested in her or anything, but she was indeed a very beautiful monster, not one outlandish blemish or awkward scar across anything that was visible to you of course, which only made you curious. 

Behind those huge shy eyes of wonder and knowledge, what secrets hid? (No spoilers plz, I'm not done with DR yet.) You weren't going to pry though, that'd be rude and insensitive. You passed by room 37 with those thoughts, thinking of how many doors you gone past in the small amount of time you'd been in this corridor. 

"I-If you don't want to you don't have to... but may I know why you're here?" 

You immediately tensed, and Noelle recoiled, but after she shared her story the least you could do was give her an entertaining fib... Right? "Oh... I'm here because one of my peers took a path of evil and crime... rather than taking me and my friends' warnings..." You lied, a pang of guilt running through you as you saw Noelle become interested. 

"What's their name?" She pried, not that you minded, but you were too sure of your next decision. "Oh umm, he goes by Mafia Fell.." It sounded like a question when you said it, but Noelle was totally buying it.

She looked shocked, her eyes widening as her ears shot up in the air. "Mr. Mafia Fell?" She repeated, her jaw dropping as she stopped in her tracks, and you did too, right in front of door 53. "You mean that underground drug dealing guy, who raped and murdered those people?" She queried, eyes scanning you frantically. (No judging, I'm not done with Sooner or later you're gonna be mine either)

"Uh... yeah..." You said, feeling grateful for the info leak, but not so much for the pit that formed in your stomach. Shit, why the hell did you trust that stranger earlier anyway? You didn't have any other leads for sure, but why a frickin gangster?

"Oooh you two knew each other though!" She beamed, inquisitive energy pouring off her in gallons. You subconsciously shifted away from her in an unnoticeable amount, forcing your face into a smile to satisfy her with body language. 

"I didn't really know him, but we were on the same campus, and he lived around me." You fibbed again, shrugging nonchalantly to imply you never thought much of it, and also using phycology to make her think it wasn't very important. You really didn't like hiding the truth from her, but you didn't exactly want to die today, a chill running down your spine as an image of the evil goopster named Nightmare flashed through your head. 

You couldn't help but wonder what he was doing as of now, (buying lots of cookies to eat with his gang to spite you as a group) probably canceling the missions until Horror came back with you. You also questioned the possibility of your mission, up until this point had you have things laid out, but after this you didn't have any idea of what to do... except maybe chat with Noelle.

"Hey look, we nearly passed it!" Noelle randomly shouted, whipping around and standing firmly at the door with a large '72' plastered on it. "This is the room that man told me Susie was in, so I guess now we part ways..." She trailed, gaze dropping to the floor before she looked back up at you with a smile. "But it was really nice chatting with you." She said. 

You waved goodbye, offering a smile of your own as the reindeer girl entered the room with Susie in it, leaving you to rot alone in the hall again...

You guessed you really weren't going to talk with her. 

~~~~~~~~~~

*long sigh* Looking back on all my author comments, I realized how cringe I am... I legitimately felt like editing some because at the time I though it was so cool. But now I'm just like... 'what the f Moogus?' And well, it's pretty awkward all around... Oh yeah, I got my lunch money stolen today, and I was really looking forward to that ice cream... ;-;

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed!

- De Moogus