Business

—Your POV—

Nope, apparently they're going slow on purpose. 

You fidgeted impatiently, wondering with every little bit of your mediocrely sized brain why in the hell no one was answering you. You'd knocked around 4 times by now, each little burst of 3-5 quick not too hard hits to the door with you knuckles should've been more than enough. 

You groaned, twisting the handle only to find that it was locked, you even felt around for some hidden card swipe or compartment that would reveal a slot for you to slip in your little number thing, but unsurprisingly, and to no avail, you came back empty handed. 

Ok, now you were a bit frustrated. Waiting so long and putting in so much effort just to waste more time!? The idea made you ball up your fists and knock a little more forcefully this time, but you quickly regretted that when you pulled away with stinging knuckles. This was horrible, all the way to the exciting climax just to have to take a break, just because of some stupid closed door. 

Mainly out of boredom, you leaned against the door, another act of instant karma greeting you when a chill snuck up your arm as a result. You ignored it though, rather trying to calm your irritable mind before you did something regrettable. 

To your inner amusement, it worked, suddenly you felt more relaxed as the over energized affects of the coffee died down a bit, much to your liking at the moment. You smiled softly, and looked down at your still lightly stinging but not pained knuckles, which weren't all that red anymore. 

Without warning, loud metal clanks started to ring out from down the hall, sharing the shit out of you,(again) and causing you to involuntarily look towards the source. It continued for maybe around 20 seconds, before a person stepped out of the low lights, revealing none other than Alphys herself. 

"Hello Y/N! Back so soon? And visiting the same little runt I see!" She roared, but not threateningly. She barked a laugh for reasons you didn't understand, and even plucked something out of your hair. 

You stared up at her in a mixture of confusion, annoyance, and hope that was starting to crawl around within your chest, a small grin coming to your face as you shared her joyous demeanor. "I'm sorry for the inconvenience down here! You see, that skeleton at the desk is a real prick when it comes to humans, but he does his job flawlessly and has never lashed out at anyone so he keeps the job." Alphys explained, playfulness evaporating as her posture straightened and she looked down at you seriously. 

"So umm... I bet he didn't tell you we recently moved the little crackhead who used to stay in here, he's down there in room 11, sorry." Alphys finished, awkwardly scratching the back of her head before giving you an odd and gentle shove towards the lesser rooms. "Bye... uhh catch you later human, be careful." She said with a wave, offering an apologetic smile as you spun on your heel and stared down the hallway shoulders lightly sagging and feet dragging against the floor. 

You heard Alphys' armor rattle behind you before the familiar metal clanks signified her departure, and you were already out of the sixties. 

59...

   58...

      57...

         56...

            55...

               20. 

You skipped all the way from 55 to 20, where you ran out of breath and had to slow down, making another mental note on the reliability of dress shoes. It was a slightly tiresome journey, but you felt all you adrenaline shoot right back up as the coffee inside you seemed to fully engulf your brain, a triumphant and genuine laugh bellowing out from you as you glared up at the large door, giving a hearty knock and waiting literally 2 minutes before some answered. 

When you expectantly looked up, thinking you'd see some huge 7+ foot monster looming over you with a disgruntled or creepy face, but all you saw nothing, and you instinctively took your gaze down, the craning of your neck becoming uncomfortable real fast. 

"Right here Miss." 

Your head once again immediately snapping towards the speaker, who... looked unnaturally similar to Core. An idea coming at a million miles an hour smacked into the side of you head, and you nearly cringed thinking about it. 

What if everyone here was a copy of someone else? Just minor differences and swapped personalities? Sure explains the look of all those fucking skeletons running around like lunatics. 

You dwelled on the thought for a moment as you scanned the child. They were in a blue and purple stripped sweater with long black pants and dark brown boots, a nice look but their face spoke differently. Silky brown hair with a messy little bow in it, large rosy cheeks and hot red eyes, small dark bags visible underneath but for the most part they looked nice. 

"Are you gonna stare at me or come inside?" Their voice was childish and slightly arrogant, you couldn't help but let a little giggle escape you as you came in and observed them a little more, spotting the cute little blue shoulder pad they were wearing, it looked quite real, but whoever put it on them put it on a little crooked. 

"You're the lady who wants to see Mr. Not-So-Nice-Or-Healthy-To-Be-Around-Pants?" The kid said, obviously trying to mimic someone while saying that, and you nearly recognized the voice but it was just outside you reach of memory. 

"Oh yes... and if you don't mind me asking, why are you wearing that shoulder pad?" 

~~~~~~~~~~

It's getting late huh? Well guess who got to stay up an hour past curfew for doing their chores before eating brownies? Me, it was me you guys. So yeah, thank my dad for this one, not only for participating in my birth, but also giving me the additional time I needed in order to successfully create this chapter on time. 

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed!!

- De Moogus