Food and Fright

—Your POV—

Again, unceremoniously dragged along by the wrist. 

You're kind of half running down the hall, your bare feet making soft noises on the carpet, greatly contrasting to the obnoxious click of Horror's dress shoes which you're starting to dislike. You want to get them off him, but you're sure that his usual bloodied slippers will throw off his whole disguise, so you'll have to bear through it. 

"Papy woke up really early for us! He made breakfast spaghetti, so be thankful!" Lust advises, a large grin on his face as he knocks on Epic's door and whispers what you'd imagine to be a code word. 

The fact that the halls are eerily empty keeps reoccurring to you, it makes you paranoid and suspicious of the whole prison. You know Red and the other ones are most likely still patrolling around, if they haven't changed shifts yet. 

Maybe it's just a tactic to make you all antsy while things are going good. A psychological trick to make you too uncomfortable to operate properly. Naturally, you challenge yourself to ignore the emptiness, instead focusing on the company you do have, and appreciating it. 

A new joy fuels you as you enter Epic's room and get hit with a strong smell. The scent isn't bad actually, in fact it's pretty tasty, leading you to the assumption that it's the smell of Papyrus's cooking, making you hungrier. 

Oh cool, a circular table has been generously set up in the center of the room, three chairs propped up around it. It's of a deep brown, made of rich wood, from a brand you don't exactly recognize, but pretty nonetheless. 

You make a dash for it, though you're the last one there as apparently hunger flows fresh within Horror and Lust more than you, eagerness apparent in their eye sockets as you sit down in the remaining chair. 

"Hello friends! I have prepared only the most delectable dish in your honor! Enjoy!" Papyrus' voice chirps from behind you, causing you to jump. 

Horror waves lazily, propping his head up with his hand, a sleepy smile on his face. Lust just smiles dismissively, kindly beckoning Papyrus as the need in his eye lights becomes more and more visible. 

"Breakfast spaghetti is served, seconds on the counter!" Papyrus informs you, sliding three equally filled bowls onto the table, which are immediately snatched up by ravenous hands, thank yous being given as the food is eaten quickly. 

You eat at a reasonable pace, not every fast and not slow either, but you're sure you look slow in comparison to Horror and Lust, who are on their third bowls by the time you're done with one. 

The food is good, the noodles aren't too hard or overcooked, the sauce is perfect, though it could use a tad more flavor. You're genuinely satisfied with the meal, putting dirty dishes aside since there's no sink in Epic's room. 

You wonder how and where Papyrus cooked the food if there's no stove in here. Maybe he went somewhere else to create such a masterful delicacy, or maybe, he used monster magic you've heard all too much about. 

You decide you should probably ask those questions later, and focus on escaping for now. You should probably go change clothes before running off into the streets, and relocate you backpack so you don't have to lug around every little thing with your hands. 

"Hey Paps, I'm heading back to Horror's room to get my clothes. Ok?" You suggest, earning a nod and a cheerful smile before you find yourself out in the halls again, going exactly where you said you were. 

Except, something's off, really off. 

In the hall, there's another person for once, and it's one who doesn't exactly take kindly to the sights of you. 

It's that weird skeleton from earlier, with a white jacket and the slash across his chest, this time clutching the eye you recall had a cloud of glitch shrouding it from sight. 

He growls, low and threatening, summoning one of those bones and gripping it tightly. 

You feel yourself freeze up, he's staring dead at you, weapon drawn in a way that suggests he has the intent of harm, or worse. You take a step back, hand landing on the doorknob to Epic's room until you notice it's locked, your blood running cold. 

Suddenly everything starts sticking out to you, how dumbfounded you must look, how easily that bone could penetrate your body, how it'd be way too late by the time anyone comes to save you, and how you're all alone. 

You shudder, but turning and running isn't an option, if he has his magic, he'll just teleport to catch you, but he doesn't seem to be the type to drag you in to Core. 

You remember, before Red caught you, he was taking care of the prisoner in front of you, who likely escaped before backup could arrive. 

You do believe that he's an inmate, probably just as hostile and unforgiving as he was when being caught, hatred shining in his eye light to a person he doesn't even know. 

He goes to shout something at you, when a manifestation of orange magic appears in front of you. You take a step back, instinctively moving away from a possible threat to survival. 

Your body loosens up some, the orange magic spawns a familiar skeleton with his back turned to you, giving you a not too appealing view of an oversized orange hoodie and some brown trousers. 

Oh, it's Stretch here to save the day. 

The other skeleton instantly dematerializes the bone, uncertainty spreading quickly across his being as he straightens his stance, going from predatory to cautionary, his glare still fixed and firm, but now darting between you and your newfound ally. 

"Geno, come here." Stretch sighs, the other one now identified as Geno stiffens briefly, an argument going strong in his skull as he slowly approaches, now staring with slight disbelief at Stretch. 

Stretch turns his head to wink down at you, making you squint your eyes in befuddlement. He winks a lot, which is weird because skeletons aren't supposed to have eyelids, but they've obviously defied physics and the boundaries of possibility before, so why care about it anymore, it's not like anything will change the more you think about it. 

Geno finally comes near enough, taking a hand outstretched by Stretch, and then they both disappear, probably relocating somewhere else you don't need to know about, leaving you flabbergasted and confused. 

Then you remember your mission, to go acquire your clothes so you can change. It's not that hard, you didn't lock the door on your way out of the room so you get in rather easily, seeing a familiar backpack laying forgotten on the floor. 

You take it up, you change, folding your clothes and putting them inside the bag carefully, along with those bus tickets and a few other miscellaneous things you decide on keeping. 

This is mission impossible made possible, so you have to prepare appropriately. 

~~~~~~~~~~

Lights on! Keep them up or I'm gone! We can play until dawn! Color out of lines with crayons! Bright as day so ding dong! Come on in, we'll sing songs! We'll adventure all day long!

 -Me literally all day after hearing that damned song one fucking time. 

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed!

- De Moogus 

(Drink Fizzy Faz till our heads EXPLODE! 

Me who had the volume of their earbuds on max and was not expecting the change of pitch: A—)