Practical Banter

—Your POV—

Seems you didn't dream a lot last night. 

You only started having small blips of I imagination throughout your sleeping cycle, but you wouldn't count them as 'dreams' per say. 

You're awakened by a soft pain on your shoulder, like a kitten's claws lightly grazing the skin, or a puppy nipping one's fingers. However, it was ignorable, so logically, you didn't want to wake up because of it, but the more you refused to heed it, the more constant it became. 

It got a tad too persistent at one point, and you furrowed your brow, making an attempt to roll away when something else became known to you. 

You're being spooned by a bony body.

Immediately, your eyes shoot open, now fully awake as you identify the porcelain bones pressing into your neck and shoulder as Horror's skull, and look, he's nibbling you. 

"Horror... what the hell." You grumble, slightly irritated and also majorly embarrassed, somewhat violated as well, but his grip is too ironclad to escape.

Your face burns a bright red as the skeleton shifts, sleepy sockets opening and revealing large, toxic green eye lights. So not only did he push the boundaries and wake you up, but it appears he hasn't changed at all. 

"Sorry Cupcake, not used to humans yet I suppose." Horror says, his voice small like the crimson creeping across his cheekbones as he gently pulls away, allowing you to kind of half roll away from him, putting a good foot or two of distance between you, with Horror on the outside. 

You glare disapprovingly, and Horror quickly drops his stare, favoring the pillowcase. 

"You drool in your sleep." Horror tries, earning a rather ungodly noise from you as you spitefully take up a pillow and bash him with it, leaving his skull covered as he groans in defeat and you climb out over him and out of the bed. 

"Hey— wait!" Horror grabs your wrist, pillow dropping to the floor, forgotten. You glower back at his pleading face, turning around to better face him as you adjust your shirt, your whole body aching to stretch and move from those long hours of being mostly immobile. 

"Don't just leave me." Horror near begs, covers flying as he hops out of the bed and joins in next to you, confirming the suspicion that he was sleeping in his formal clothes, just that the overalls are undone. 

You head to the bathroom, dodging the question and dragging Horror along with you. You glance into the mirror, examining your arms and face, neck and shoulders too. 

You do spot a little collection of pierced skin beside your neck and on your shoulder, sending a fresh burst of redness onto your face, and an angry growl from your mouth. 

You're imprinted with little bone and clothing patterns, red in color from where the blood was slightly constricted and Horror pressed into you most, but mostly odd and uneven patterns, likely from a wrinkle in clothes or (time) the bedspread. 

"Horror. Don't do that again, not without permission." You mutter, exiting the bathroom and receiving a rather saddened noise of understanding from Horror. 

"Sorry... really Cupcake... won't happen again." Horror murmurs, his tone solemn and remorseful, almost comical in your opinion. 

"Now where can we go eat, I'm hungry." You ask, but Horror isn't the one who answers you. 

Lust bursts in through the door, wearing the most out of character attire you think you've ever seen a person in. 

He sports somewhat safari like attire, a wide brim sun hat adorning his head, with a tannish vest and pants, heavy duty boots with heels of a matching color, and gloves that run to his mid forearms. 

He has a green sash over his chest, and a wide cheeky grin on his face, his breathing slightly labored as if he ran all the way. 

"Y'know I was hoping to walk in on something a tad more... I dunno, intimate~?" Lust purrs, earning a snort from Horror and a scowl from you. 

"I ran all the way here and bulked up on the heat suppressants, but alas, I suppose the lord of luck won't bear his smile to me just yet." Lust hums, his eye lights pure and white, you note, probably suggesting that he isn't in full slut mode.

"Anyways," Lust continues, unfazed. "What do you think of the fit! I think it could use a little more holes, personally." Lust says, posing for the two of you. 

"We're trying not to attract attention. Not be a walking sex bar." Horror snaps, not aggressively, but more seriously in a way that gets the point across, judging by Lust's slightly provoked hum of agreement. 

The silence cuts in for a moment, Lust and Horror sharing a deathly stare that you want nothing to do with. You look for a way out, maybe if you just clipped past Lust very quickly, you could find a way to the nearest food source. 

Lust's eye lights flash a bit purple, his eyes scanning over the two of you after the staring contest dies down. A sly smile overtakes the cheeky one, and he takes a step towards you just as you put your escape into action. 

A firm hand pulls you back onto Horror's chest, Lust stalling for a moment at your unexpected approach, before a mischievous gaze meets yours. 

"Cupcake, where are you going?" Horror queries kindly, though green pinpricks stare Lust to the floor. 

"I'm hungry." You supply, your stomach promptly jumping in to agree with you in a way that Horror must've found funny, because he chuckles lowly and barely avoids being elbowed in the ribs by your flustered self. 

"Lucky for you, I always have a snack on me." Lust coos, a gloved hand beckoning you as Horror sighs. There's an obscene presence in Lust's gleeful eyes, he's probably going to make a not-so-appropriate joke to make you look stupid, but maybe he does have food. 

Lust leans in close to you, his face meeting yours just a few inches away as he whispers in a coquettish tone. 

"In my pants." He utters, slowly unsheathing a granola bar, and propping it up between his fingers, in front of your face, an inch away. 

He can barely contain his laughter as you snatch the bar, recoiling away rather harshly. You try not to care at all, as you furiously rip open the snack and eat it, refusing to look up even as you heard the distinct noise of bone hitting bone. 

It wasn't that bad, but your stupid face wouldn't calm down already. Your mind wouldn't stop thinking unholy thoughts, and you were still hungry even after that snack.

Worst of all, now Horror and Lust are fighting, not legitimately, but just being petty and trash talking each other. It was kind of funny at first, but now it's kind of just extra banter in your head. 

"Ok, ok! Let's go now, Fresh and Papy are waiting!" Lust interrupts, running out in a flurry of different sounds, leaving you and Horror to stare at one another for a second before you both go after him. 

You wonder if you're adequately dressed for whatever is to come, but oh well, you'll be notified, right?

~~~~~~~~~~

Slightly longer tonight lol... know it's kinda late but I been a bit busy. My best friend is now dating some weirdo I don't rlly like instead of me, and reports no sign of past or future signs of having a romantic relationship with me so ;w; life is kinda just being mean jajaja...

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed!

- De Moogus 

(That joke was completely impulsive, and not even that good... will work harder.)