Madness

—Your POV—

You sat here, fingers pressed to your temples to actually think and sort out this mess. You didn't want to die, you didn't want to leave Horror here, yet you didn't want to stay here either. It was all screaming circles in your head, mind so clogged it was hard to think. The design of Core's office didn't make it any easier anyway, your eyes trying to find comfort by staring at the same dully colored objects, as you felt as though you were going insane. 

The door swinging open snatched your focus from you, stare immediately darting to the figure there, a skeleton in a space-themed jacket pretty little star patterns and designs littered across his clothing, next to another one in a normal blue hoodie with headphones and long pants, still black with the long white stripe. Core popped out from in between them, giving you an assertive  type of expression, before proudly stating that these skeletons would help you sort out your decision, and told you to follow them and not be too stubborn. 

The starry one waved, and the hooded one winked, sending a chill down your spine. You had to get out of here and find Horror, no matter what. (and thus, Y/n was consumed by Stockholm syndrome...) You didn't like the idea of spilling all your feelings and trying to explain everything logically, your instincts were in control right now and clawing at your head didn't do anything worthwhile for you. 

So you made up a makeshift scheme. 

It was clear to you that nobody around here could use any magic, or else Red would've teleported up to you and likely murdered you on the spot, but maybe, just maybe you could use that to your advantage, and finally get the upper hand. You though it was a decent idea, not sounding all too far fetched with the way things were going for you anyway. 

With a long deep breath for you suffocating lungs, you stood up, stiffly walking over the the door, the adrenaline already rushing through your veins in preparation for what you were about to do, waiting for an opening in any defense or guard, and then you make your escape. You glanced at the skeletons, their friendly faces only making you uncomfortable. You felt so overly reclusive right now, and all you wanted to do was run away, but you had to control yourself, wait for the right time. 

Waltzing out with them was you, brittle and retractive, waiting for the perfect moment. Core shuffled off, shouting many goodbyes and waving to your leaving forms, receiving prompt responses from both males, and nothing from you. They took this time to scan you, and to make matters worse you were in between the towering monsters with no corner to shrink into for refuge. 

When you got to the room, you felt your heart rate triple, the time was almost right, you just had to have patience. The one with the hoodie went on in, while the spacey one hung around and held the door open for you, who was still halfway into the hall. He smiled warmly at you, and for a moment you questioned why you were doing this, and you didn't feel like it was all that necessary...

Yet you still gave yourself the pleasure of spinning that heel and ditching those skeles. 

You literally ran as fast as you could, flying past the scarce amount of monsters along the hallway, ignoring the skeletons screaming your name. They didn't matter to you, and the only thing that did was your life, which had been on the line everyday for the last several weeks. 

Zooming around a corner, you'd located an elevator, where it would take you was beyond your knowledge, so you just slammed the first floor button. Once in, the elevator doors took a painfully long time to close, with you vigorously pounding the close button before anyone could stop or question you. They shut just in time, the shift in gravity absolutely decimating your senses, having been already scrambled, and you last bit of sanity had to prevent you from vomiting. 

Finally, you were on the first floor, which you found to be the prison building's lobby, baffling you as you regained your composure, the angst and fear pouring out of you steadily. Now you felt tired, drained, and confused as fuck. Why the heck would you act that way, and what possibly triggered you like that? The rush of the situation, the need to escape, the all to sweet atmosphere of everyone else's attitude whilst you were panicking?

You sighed, contemplating whether or not you should go back, your instincts screaming no while your head said to think this through, and decide what was right. So of course, you actually sat in a lobby chair and began to think, not noticing the spider lady from earlier giving G hell outside, or the inexplicable disappearance of 01 and 02, nor the lock on both doors. 

There really was no reason to go back up there, you were fine enough here thinking, you didn't need magical talking corpses to help you sort things out, but neither did you think Nightmare could really come and kill you, and not one idea sat right. But it'd be wrong to just ditch Horror right? Sure you were still a bit cross about the bet but that was a month ago, and you were sure he didn't deserve to rot in a cell for the rest of his life. 

"You look like you're in a dilemma kiddo, need some help?" 

You jolted, glancing timidly upwards to the orange hoodied skeleton in Core's room earlier, his dull eye sockets scanning over you inquisitively. You shook your head mentally, your inner conscious telling you to sort this out on your own, while you yourself had no idea what to do, finding it much more convenient to just sit here for all eternity, staring up at the odd being, letting your life slowly slip away. 

But that was crazy, and you felt crazy, so you kindly denied and decided to go about things your own way. 

~~~~~~~~~~

OH SHIZ... my little brother gave me pink eye and now there's snot draining from my eye sockets SEND HELP PLEASE. (jk) But seriously, I woke up this morning and I could barely see. Now I have to wipe my eyes constantly and I I rub them because the snot makes them itchy them I smear snot all over my face. It really frickin disgusting. 

Sorry for sharing! Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed...

- De Moogus