~Random Bday Bonus~

Tw: A sweet blob of wholesome family time ;-;

Ten years ago? Had it really been that long... You knew is was a distant memory, but it felt like it happened a week ago. So why is this one so vivid? And why now did it come to mind?

-Your POV-

10 years back, on your 11th birthday, the day it sort of started to go wrong. You just got home from therapy, never truly knowing why you had it. "Mommy!" You squealed, running to your beautiful mother for a kind embrace. "I missed you Honey." She whispered to you, kissing your cheek and releasing you from his grasp with a warm smile. 

"I missed you to Mommy! Where's dad?" You beamed, bouncing up and down energetically. "He's still at work, but he promised he'll come home early." Your mother answered, the fondness in her eyes faltering as she smiled apologetically. "Oh..." You mumbled, some of your hope and energy chipping away. "Don't worry Cupcake, we can still do fun things together!" You mother said, taking your hand and dragging you to the front room. 

Something about the nickname resonated within you though, as if only those you were destined to treasure would call you that, but you didn't fully listen, concluding the thought was silly, and every who called you Cupcake wasn't a saint or something. Though, your mom was indeed a treasure to you. 

Up front was a large selection art supplies and crafting utensils. You squealed happily, immediately hugging your mother before running to the table, grabbing everything in sight to inspect it. There were markers, pencils, colored pencils, paper, glitter, glue, gel pens, and very art product imaginable (to your mind at least). 

—Time Skip—

Everything was beautiful, and best of all, your dad would be home in a few minutes! You longingly admired all of your mother's drawings, blushing in embarrassment at all your attempts to beat her. "Mommy, how come I can't draw like you?" You queried, innocently tilting your head for emphasis. 

You mom chuckled, reaching out a soft hand to smooth your hair, which was mostly hidden under a cute birthday hat your mom created for you. "It's because I'm experienced, and I've developed little tips and tricks to improving my technique." She smiled at you, warming your heart. 

"I love you mom. You draw really pretty." 

"Thank you very much! I love you too."

Jiggling from the door handle snatched your attention as you immediately ran to the front door, throwing it open and shouting joyfully at your father, who held a ginormous white box, presumably with your treat inside. 

"Hey there Cuddle Bear!" He shouts back, laughing heartily as you cling to him. "Why don't you let daddy take off his working gear yeah? Then we can eat your favorite desert early." 

"YES!!" You exclaim, bouncing off as your father shuffles down the hall and past you. 

"Tonight is going to be great!"

~~~~~~~~~~

Ok I promised a cute little side story didn't I? I know it's hella short and I couldn't put in much effort with a sore throat and pounding headache, but let's just be thankful for a break from a shit ton of kabedons and foul language. 

Ok?

- De Moogus 

(Weekends are the best. Also, I may come back and edit this to make it longer in the future.)

(Edit: Future?? You mean like a year later?? Huh. I took a bit but I'm here now ain't I?)