There's More?

—Your POV—

You stood uncomfortably in front of the other 4 skeletons, who were now in their respective seats, eyeing you suspiciously. Horror had an arm draped around your neck. While it looked playful, you weren't sure if enough air was getting to your lungs and body.

"Ok, ok, I'm Horror." Horror said, looking to see if he had your attention, which he did. "The one with the hoodie up is Dust." He gestured to Dust, who winked at him and smirked at you. You recoiled slightly catching Horror's attention upon doing so. 

"Heya little human, don't be scared, they're not gonna hurt you." Horror purred, though his tone was laced with something that made you feel otherwise. "The one over there who looks like he's crying black shit is Killer." Killer glared unappreciatively at Horror but didn't bother acknowledge you, probably because he didn't care.

"Hmmm... let's see the one dressed for a blizzard is out newest addition Cross." Cross didn't bother looking at either one of you, he was staring at something you couldn't see, seemingly engaged with whatever he was seeing. 

"Killjoy..." 

"Well that's about it, anyone important I would've mentioned!" Horror said, receiving a prompt smack from the dark boned glitchy skeleton. "I'm E-Error." He said simply, going to sit back down in his chair, creating a little cat's cradle with some blue string you didn't know he had. 

Horror had taken his arm off you to rub the cheekbone that got smacked, muttering an ouch and wincing in pain. "You're free to go now, don't get in anyone's way, especially Nightmare. Your room is the one at the end of the hall, second floor." Horror said walking off somewhere to go do god knows what. 

Immediately, you ran up the stairs and to your room. It was small, having room only for a bed and a dresser with little space. You went to plop on the bed, a small sigh coming from you in doing so.

 What have you gotten yourself into? Were you going to die here? Why was everyone a skeleton?! What was Nightmare's deal? What did everyone have against you? Were there other humans here? Who's gonna take care of you? Would they hurt you? Were the Star Sanses worried about you? And most importantly...

"Why did Horror do this?"

Instantly, you shot up, to see Nightmare leaning against the door frame, his eye light kept searching you for something you didn't have. His face was desperate, yet controlled, and he look at you with menacing authority. 

"Truth be told... I have no idea." He said smoothly. "But y'know what they say. Curiosity kills the cat."  He sneered, chuckling darkly as he went down the hall, leaving you with a sort of defiant feeling welling up in you.

"But... an ounce of preparation is better than a pound of cure." You muttered, pulling out your phone and checking the time. It was 11:34pm, you had about 25 minutes till you had to meet Horror in the kitchen, to essentially be interviewed as a housekeeper.

You sighed, everyone here was creepy, and won't hesitate to kill you. If you mess up it could be the end of the line. Shivering at the thought, you couldn't help but shed a few tears. The fact that you were forcefully trapped here was just... so unfair. Why couldn't it be Larry, or Fritz, or any other human asshole you knew. 

You pulled your face into a scowl, a scowl at no one in particular, but just... angst you guessed. After a few minutes of pity partying yourself, you rose to your feet, concluding that you didn't want to starve. 

You hopped down the stairs carelessly, knowing you wouldn't trip even if you tried. Peering cautiously into the kitchen, you saw no one. Quickly, you reached for the first food item you saw, being a banana. You ate it, then grabbed a bag of chips to eat. It was a snack size, so you weren't overeating. 

Horror's sudden appearance made you freeze, with a handful of chips inches away from your mouth. Horror snorted at you snickering as he pulled a chair from the table and sat in it.

"Don't worry Sweetheart, I'll wait."

You flinched upon hearing his voice, he sounded slightly tired, and not malicious or smug like you'd heard previously. While cautiously glancing at Horror every few moments, you prepared yourself a ramen cup that you'd found a few minutes earlier. 

When the microwave sounded, you pulled it out and seasoned it to your liking with the available wide array of spices. Then, you sat as far away from Horror as you could, which was in front of him at the small table you were sat at. 

Much to your surprise, Horror was asleep.

You watched the sleeping skeleton, his eyes closed, his body rising and falling softly. Another surprise to you, Horror was purring. You watched in awe as you slowly ate the ramen. Seeing him this tranquil made you happy for some reason. You felt like if you even thought too hard the moment would be all over. 

Slowly, you rose from the table and put the dishes quietly in the sink. You made your way back to Horror and gave him an endearing look before turning away. 

Then he did something unexpected.

Without warning, Horror lunged up from the table and grabbed you, quickly whipping around and pinning you to the wall by your hands. All in one swift motion. You went to scream or yelp, but Horror shifted your two hands into his large one, and put a bony finger on your lips. 

"Now then, don't make any noise, I don't want my friends to come and tear you up... do you?"

You shook your head vigorously, suddenly feeling very small again. 

"Then let's just talk hmm?"

~~~~~~~~~~

Yep, I've decided to make slightly longer chapters. From this point in things are gonna be more real (or at least as real as they can be while I'm still the author lolol), spending every day on a tight rope. Stay tuned for more.

Thanks for reading hope you enjoyed.

- De Moogus