Nightmare

—Your POV—

Teleport.

Yelp.

Chop.

Blackout...

More Black...

In reality, you were knocked out in Nightmare's room, he was simply projecting himself into your dream to make it a Nightmare. He unfortunately had to put Crooks in a trance though, he'll apologize later. 

Of course you didn't know that though.

It was hard to stand, the ground was constantly shifting, and you couldn't stand properly. You were shaking like an old leaf in the wind, even when you fell onto your bottom you were still trembling like crazy. It was black and murky all around you, the ground was wet and sticky, like... slime. 

You looked around, your strangled voice yelling for help, but either no one heard you or nothing came out. You started to cry, feeling utterly helpless and scared like you did all that time ago. Eventually, you got motion sickness, due to the harsh consistent shifting of the ground you were on, and lost all the spaghetti you ate earlier. 

You pouted watching as the ground literally ate what you had just vomited up. It both disgusted and interested you. So you looked around in the darkness, catching sight of an odd barely recognizable figure. But you immediately knew who it was. 

Nightmare.

You tried to run, adrenaline fueling your shaking legs, but you didn't get far, the ground swallowed your feet, sticking you to one spot.  You struggled, crying out and kicking, but you only got more stuck. When you got tired, you just gave out, sitting down to avoid falling and landing painfully. 

"Glad you're here~." 

The familiar voice of the goopy skeleton made you flinch, and squeeze your eyes shut. You were terrified of him, he was just so malicious and evil, the total opposite of his kind and forgiving brother. (who was currently very pissed and unforgiving with Ink...) You heard his footsteps come to a stop in front of you, a dark chuckle coming from him as he gingerly sat in front of you, eyeing you suspiciously.

"Are you going to be a good pet and face me, or do I have to force you." His voice was smooth and calculated, he could sense your feelings, and therefore predict most of your thoughts. 

Reluctantly, you rose your head, looking at him, but avoiding his gaze. "I'm not going to hurt you~." He purred, making you more uncomfortable. He reached out a skeletal to your face, instinctually making you recoil from him. "You can't  escape me just give up." He hissed, forcing you to relax with his magic. 

"Much better~." 

He brought his hand to your face, and pinched your cheek. He examined the bandages on your neck, lightly going over them with his phalanges. "Why do you have these?" He asked, jumping right to the point. "H-Horror-San bit m-me..." You said, trying not to let you pr voice crack— and failing. 

Nightmare hummed, an expression of disinterest spreading across his face. "Enough games pet, let me explain why you are here. You owe me one, remember? I need you to do something special for me." Nightmare growled, making you wince again. "I need you to take something from my sap of a brother." He said, he expression going cold. "It shouldn't be too hard, he isn't that bright." He added, making you feel a little bad for Dream. 

You were sure he meant well, that he was a good guy. Why would Nightmare want you to steal from him? Did Dream hate Nightmare too? He never talked about him. What did Dream do!? Why was Nightmare so scary? Why of all people did he request you!? 

Why did Nightmare h—

"That's enough." Nightmare grumbled coldly. "It's none of your fucking business, so just stop questioning me and do what I say." He said, looking you in the eye menacingly. "What I need is a small circular disc, with runes imprinted on it." You stiffly nodded, restraining yourself from questioning him. 

"It's sparkly and should catch your eye if you're not blind." He sneered, rolling his eye at your slightly irritated expression. "Do you get it?" You nodded, sure that you had all the information you'd need. "Great then m—"

"BOSS!" Suddenly, Horror's panicked voice cut off Nightmare's statement. You were relieved, and a bit less scared. The Nightmare just disappeared into thin air, leaving you alone. You looked around, the slime melting off of your feet. It all melted away... until you woke up on the floor, laying behind a quarreling Nightmare and Horror. 

"Boss! It's urgent! I just got a call from the slut!" 

"You imbecile! Can't you see I'm in the middle of something!?"

"LOOK. I'm sorry Boss but please listen to me!" 

"Whatever this better be worth it, or you can be the one running around cleaning." 

"He said some bitch in a dark cloak was running around looking for us, and he was terrified Boss! He had a scythe and he goes by 'Reaper'." 

Nightmare started laughing, which was unexpected judging by Horror's expression. You sat up however, into a more desirable position, and looked at Horror, who just noticed you. "Cupcake!!" He yelped, beckoning you frantically. 

You scrambled over to his side, and he nudged you, a look of concern all across him. "You're not hurt right?" He whispered, scanning you with his eye light. "And where's Crooks? I didn't see him downstairs." Horror queried, looking a bit worried. 

All the while Nightmare stood here watching you two converse about what all you did with Crooks going up and down the hall. You told him about how Killer grabbed you, what Dust said, how Cross reacted, and Error. 

When you finally got to Nightmare, Horror chuckled. "Yep, he'll do that sometimes. Gotta be prepared for anything Cupcake." He reassured you, giving you a wink. "Isn't this just precious..." Nightmare drawled, rolling his eye and glaring at the two of you. "I don't take nicely to happiness... or love." He advised, making you and Horror blush. 

"And about the slut's call, I already know that guy." 

~~~~~~~~~~

Yippee! Nightmare is scary! School starts in two days! I'm screwed! Bye bye!

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed!

- De Moogus