Background on Blue

CW: Drinking/Alcohol mention, but not too in depth, and from a kid's POV so they don't know what the hell it is anyway. That is all. 

—Your POV—

All was silent for a moment. The child stared blankly at you, their clearly thinking face brewing in confusion, the baby fat pretty much softening up whatever weird little brow furrowed at you they were doing. 

"Well Ma'am, it's a pauldron mind you." They grumbled quietly, turning away and muttering more incoherent nonsense. You snorted in amusement, not knowing to be insulted or understanding with the haughty little way you were just corrected. 

"Ok, ok, fine. But only because you asked so nicely and Blue says people who are nice Desiree kindness back, as that's his magnificent way of thinking about it." The kid explained, pulling out a large round chair from the middle of nowhere, (*cough* the corner dumbass *cough*) and plopping down on it rather heavily. 

"My name is Chara, and since I'm bored, and there is a convenient delay with that mean old geizer, I'll share about myself today." Chara spoke, looking at you with clouded eyes, the excitement underneath probably not detectable to a child, but your mature vision let you penetrate that kind of cover up.  

"It was actually a  some years ago now, but I still remember it like the image of that crazy 90's skeleton...

{Flashback, Chara's POV} (in the flashback, Chara is 9) 

I was awake, awake because of a loud yelp from down the hallway. It sounded... more shocked than actually scared, but Blue says even if someone isn't in trouble, it's good to check on them. 

Just the teensiest little bit nervous, I jumped out of my bed, looking at my epic pajamas that were striped just like my favorite sweater, and I felt my nervousness dissolve. This wasn't a rescue mission... just like a spy mission or something... no! I had one job! To check on the person who yelled like that. 

It sounded like it came from down by Blue's room, which sucks because Queen Toriel insisted that the two strongest people go at opposite ends of the hall! I'm going to have to go by Paps' room, Alpy's room, Undyne's room, etc... but while my mind was thinking, my legs were moving! 

I ran as fast as I could, listening to the thick and low tump that rang out every time my foot made contact with the wooden floor. It was kind of cool, running past all theses huge doors with adrenaline lining my veins and the air rushing past my hair and face so fast it felt like my eyes were going to dry out! 

But alas, all my glory came to an end when I laid eyes on the door labeled 'THE MAGNIFICENT BLUE' to be honest, it used to say 'THE MAGNIFICENT SANS' but after that creepy little black-eyed kid saved us all from that murderer gang, she made everyone go by weird names, except me, who was more 'popular'. 

I had no idea what all that meant, but I'm kinda rich and famous now. I mean, Muffet lives downstairs!! The Ex-King and Queen live on the same hall as me and treat me so nice!! I have the greatest pun master ever right across from my room!! What more could a kid ask for!?

I took a deep breath, from the outside I could hear faint laughter and there was this high-pitched clink this one time that totally didn't make me jolt, (that was just your eye twitching, dingus) I was just preparing myself, maybe Blue was conquering someone who yelped because they tried to escape his magnificence. I don't know, but even that won't stop me from barging in anyway. 

I threw open the door, taking not one, but two huge and triumphant steps into Blue's room to survey it fully. 

Instant regret.