Grand Review

—Your POV—

You kept thinking back to that song, the distant memory of your clingy middle school phase slowly sinking back to the least of your thoughts. You sighed, giving up on recalling the scenery that was just out of reach, not like it held any benefit for you. 

You stood inquisitively in front of the red door, desperately wondering what was on the other side. You bet that if Edge had never mentioned the stupid thing, you'd of never noticed it. You huffed at the door, turning your back on it in order to pursue a task more constructive. 

However, you didn't expect the wind that hit your back after you turned around, immediately whipping to face the entrance just as someone stepped out. It was Edge, a small but noticeable film of dust lining his imperial clothing. 

He glared at you, and you stood petrified by his presence, expecting literally anyone but Edge to come out, especially being dirtied by whatever was behind that red door. "I told you to stay away from this door did I not?" Edge spat disdainfully, crossing his arms and looking down on your pitiful stance. 

You forced your mouth shut before it could spew something regretful, and let your mind scream a quip at Edge... after all, you were the only one who knew what you were thinking. (Spare Nootmare—) "Ah! Y-yes but I was merely passing through..." You chirped, correcting yourself into a more respectable position and switching from confused and disgruntled to meek and humble. 

Edge scoffed at you, rolling his eyes and marching off somewhere, leaving alone again. Now you were only more intrigued about this door, where did it lead? Why was Edge in there? What made him dusty? 

Inevitably, from thinking of the word, Dust briefly overtook your thoughts, the mysterious skeleton seeming more interesting than usual in your cluttered head. You decided to let your thoughts dwell on Horror's entire team, making it up in your mind that of everything around you was boring, maybe you should search inside you. 

You didn't know much about Error or Cross, except that Error got mad really easily, and obviously didn't care what anyone thought other than maybe Nightmare. Cross was ever confusing, everything from his heavy black and white attire to his mismatched distant eye lights.

Killer and Dust were horrifying to you, and not only because they'd mercilessly tortured you for almost 12 hours, but literally every other action they made. The overly suggestive or just discomforting smirks, their consistent tendency to speak of your weakness like a joke, and most prominently the infinitely daunting aura they gave off.

They seemed like fun people, probably revealing how Horror and the others all got along so well, but the side that you'd seen of them was monstrously intimidating and creepy, but let's save those words to describe the next pair on your train of thought. 

Nightmare and Reaper... by far the most bewildering to you. You didn't have the strongest senses, and you were sure you couldn't predict the future, but even a blind man could tell Nightmare was nobody to mess with, and the same went for Reaper. It's just that, while you'd known them both for a similar amount of time, it was more than clear to you of their dangers. 

However, you didn't know who to fear more, Nightmare totally stole the competition in looks, attitude and status. (everyone knows about Noot, c'mon) But on the other hand, you were absolutely sure that there were even those Nightmare couldn't overpower, and plus he had his own struggles and lost his temper sometimes, as shown in his episode of animosity towards Reaper. 

Reaper never lost his temper, even after Killer destroyed his couch, when Error tore his mattress in half and he had to sleep on the floor, that time you watched Cross used his books as target practice, or smashed one of Reaper's pictures up against a wall out of hatred. 

The only time that you saw Reaper come close to even looking angry was Nightmare's animosity episode, the time you nearly dropped and broke his coffee mug, and an odd instance when Nightmare marched into his room and threatened to obliterate his 'beloved goat bitch' photo, which resulted in an argument that ended with Reaper sheltering himself away in his room for the next two days, presumably without sleep. 

Even during all those occasions, he quickly recomposed, or at least kept himself from lashing out at anyone, whereas Nightmare would've likely killed anyone who dared to even irritate him. You sighed, seeing a pen roll across the floor diagonally from your spot in the room, and so you grabbed it, wondering where it came from, but taking it nonetheless. 

You glanced at the wall, the paint was chipped and the roof was leaking an odd liquid, but you did a tiny sketch of Cross, trying to perfect the fur on his jacket and the shape, seeing as how he was a skeleton. You scowled playfully at the pen, noticing the blue ink instead of the usual black ink. 

After your sketch you thought about Horror, praying he didn't resent you for ignoring him like that. You only paid more attention to Reaper because Horror had made that one rotten bet, which kinda spread you two thinner than expected...

You stood up righteously, seizing the pen tightly as you marched into the kitchen to check your phone, concluding that when you saw Horror, you'd hit it off with him and set things right. It sounded like a great idea, until you noticed it was only 33 minutes till your curfew.

Naturally, you felt like your sense of time had betrayed you, how did running around carelessly, playing piano, sketching Cross, and thinking about Nightmare's gang equal minus 3 hours?! It was bonkers, but it's not like you had much to do anyway. (Well sorry Y/n but this wait is kinda boring me and everyone else to hell, so just be glad imma shorten the wait)

While you were at it, you set an alarm for 7:55PM for tonight and tomorrow, feeling a sense of accomplishment after placing your phone back into your pocket. It was getting late, and now you were off to find something else to do...

~~~~~~~~~~

Ribbit Ribbit, I do apologize for not having anything here the other day. Today is the Feast of Trumpets 🎺 🎺!! Yesterday, I attended a ceremonial convention that lasted from 5:00-10:00 PM, and we weren't allowed any devices. And also being a feast of 🎺s, it was literal earape, and I can still hear the distant ringing anyway... 

- De Moogus 

(P.S Check my Tumblr for a mini comic, I had quite the umm... incidence and decided to draw it. Link in the comments..)