Definition of Discomfort

—Your POV—

Now, on the 3rd row of cells, ranging from 31-45, was you, forever trying to outrun or escape someone new. First school, homework, and troublemakers, then bills, taxes, and the government, and now, it was murderers, skeletons, and expectation. You weren't dead yet, and while it might not have sounded so formidable, it was a feat for you. 

You heard the smooth voice of the guard ring out as you contemplated just running even more, regardless of the other patrolling people. You decided, out of hesitation, that maybe if you timed things right you could just fool the guard and go and talk to Gaster more, instead of running completely away. 

So with great courage, you made one of your biggest mistakes. 

You stuck your head around the corner, and froze. Looking your direction, (and spotting you) was the suspicious guard from earlier, crouched and whispering to one of the prisoners. He spotted you though, and a cruel smile spread across his face. 

"Red tells us we get double pay if we catch a stowaway or prevent a prison escape... bonus if they're the human Core's looking for."  He purred, slowly walking towards your petrified form. You couldn't move, you didn't know why you couldn't move, it didn't make sense why you wouldn't move, WHY THE HELL WOULDN'T YOU MOVE!?

He got a little too close for comfort, maybe 5 or 6 feet in front of you, when your body regained it's mobility. The first thing you did was turn, release the breath you didn't know you were holding, 

and fucking run. 

Taking off, swift and scared, hearing the guard's low whistle from behind. There were other guards, you knew that. He could call security, you also knew that. One of those terrible monster tricks could come into play and you could be frozen again, but when you looked back, he was gone. 

You came to a stop around cells 91-105. Horribly enough, the guard was already there, twiddling with his fingers and pacing till he stopped when you arrived. 

"Were you in a rush to see me?" He queried slyly, waltzing over to you with the same wicked smile. "I'd call in the backup, but those mutts would trample a precious flower like you." He cooed, backing you to the wall since you were much too tired to run away again. 

You looked at him with tired— yet denying eyes. You heaved, trying to steady your breathing as you pressed yourself against the wall. There was clearly no escape, so you'd just brainstorm what to do when Core was inevitably in front of you again, likely with you more harshly strapped to the chair, like when Killer and Dust tortured you. 

You shuddered, Core's reputation in your mind just plummeted. From an innocent child with odd black eyes, to an entire dictator of a cluster of timelines and universes with all seeing powers and an unfathomably crooked way of doing things. Not exactly in a bad way, but Core was definitely someone to fear if you wanted to keep your head till it fell off on it's own. 

Now however, you had to deal with the nosy skeleton in front of you, who was quite literally checking you out. "What're you doing here anyway huh, Stowy? They don't usually send their most delicate and beautiful spy to rescue hardened criminals in a top-notch prison." He asked genuinely, eye lights flitting up to you before continuing to examine your lower section, making you naturally uncomfortable, so you shifted your arms to hide yourself a bit. 

You turned your head away, squeezing your eyes shut as you heard the guard give a little hum of what sounded like... appreciation? His fingers gave a weird little twitch and found themselves by your sides on the wall, making you a bit more apprehensive, and you decided to make yourself as small as humanly possible. 

"No answer hmm? Oh well, I was hoping we could enjoy a little chat together... maybe something else too..." The skeleton muttered disappointedly, standing back up to full height, and giving your face one last look over with his eyes, before his previously dull and unimpressed expression turned into that of someone thinking unholy thoughts, and you cringed away from him. 

He lifted your head up by the chin, and smirked in a near seductive manner. "You'll speak for me though, won't you." With those last words, his eyes gave a strange flash, briefly changing into purple hearts before going back to the normal purple oval eye lights.

In an instant, you felt the urge to spill the beans, and in an instant, your hands instinctively flew to your mouth. Well... except one problem, the guard has successfully stopped your arms and is holding them over your head, meanwhile the urge to reveal your secrets gets stronger. 

He leans closer, chin in one hand, your arms in the other. "Why are you here, tell me." He whispers, and it would've been comforting if you weren't in close proximity with a complete stranger who could apparently make you speak against your will. 

"HORROR." You near shouted, sucking in a large breath of air as to keep your traitorous mouth from spewing any more but apparently that was already enough. You really sincerely didn't want the other guards to hear, because be caught by one so quickly and helplessly wasn't doing your pride, or your mission any good. 

Bizarrely, your arms and chin were dropped, the purple in the guard's eye lights drained, leaving them a pale white. He took a step back too, disbelief and agony strewn across his features. "L-Like, Horror Sans? The skeleton?" He questioned, all the slick and sly undertone from his voice also gone, vanished with the atmosphere he just put you in. 

You nodded slowly, sliding away from him without going too far, and jumping when he grabbed your wrist and tugged you along. "If that's the case, come on, I'll help you!" He chirped, the shock melting into what sounded like giddy relief. 

You had no idea why this skeleton cared about Horror, but if Core really was out for you, then luck most definitely was not in favor with that idea. 

~~~~~~~~~~

Hi! Hey! Sorry for the lack lately! 😅😅 Might be slightly slow production this week! I have a hospital this week appointment for some prescription meds, and I've also been assigned a science fair experiment! Kinda sucks a lot and I should've said something sooner, but in my head I was just like 'lol I'll work on that shit later, plus that doc's appointment ain't till like a month from now right?' and that's undoubtedly the very thought that lead me to... well this, sorry. 

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed!!

- De Moogus