(Rest)room

—Your POV—

The realization hits first, your eyes widen and your blood runs cold. Then, and only then does the guilt hit, and hit it does. 

You stumble a little, as if karma itself is trying to push you to the ground. Papyrus looks physically deflated, which is saying a lot for a skeleton. You feel a gaze land on your quivering form from around corner, but judging off how Lust and Epic are still staring at Papyrus who isn't looking at you, you assume it's Fresh, though you can't tell because of the shades.

You feel rotten inside, like you just killed a puppy or stole from an innocent kid. It didn't feel good not at all. The gaze leaves, and you take a step or two back as nausea makes gravity 10 times more effective. 

Ok so maybe there's a reason you feel this way. Get to the source, eliminate the illness. 

You tug on the back of Lust's jacket. He jolts and you see a droplet of that magical sweat run down his skull as he whispers something to Epic who mouths something to Papyrus, all while leaving Fresh with the 4 colorful question marks on his shades. 

Lust turns on his heel and comes quickly around the corner, grabbing your hand in a swift motion while you skip to keep up. With something to grip on, it's like an anchor to reality. You squeeze Lust's hand and he makes one of his strange noises, adjusting so his fingers are intertwined with yours. 

Lust takes you to the restrooms, and rather than picking one for a designated gender, he leads you into the family restroom without missing a beat. Though it's odd as to why one of those would be in a business/criminal detainment facility. 

"Are you ok Lovely?" Lust's voice breaks the silence and your train of thought. It seems his nickname for you is still going through consideration, because he studies you reaction to it, but you offer a sheepish smile and go to lean on the sink, gazing into the mirror and seeing your uneasy expression. 

"I-I think so." You mutter not all too reassuringly. Lust comes to your side, closely so that his elbow is pressed against yours, but the close contact is rather common in the skeletons. 

"Are you sure? You look a tad pale, Darling." Lust leans forward to get a better look at your reflection, then turns to you his eye sockets squint and his face goes flat. 

"You're... guilty?" Lust murmurs, raising his brow bone as you weakly throw up your hands in defeat. He's on the right track... you know that, but you feel like it'd be necessary to do something. 

"I guess so... I kinda dissed Papy earlier." You whisper, failing to meet Lust's gaze as he takes a step away from you, likely with astonishment. 

"Really!? Nothing too bad though... right Lovely..?" Lust lifts your chin, face full of concern that's directed to Papyrus more than you, but you respect it. You don't want him to doubt that you're a good person, but you're not going to lie to him just because of that. 

"I umm... lied to him to get into the prison." You explain, still refusing to look at him while you side glance your reflection, that looks just as hesitant as you. 

Lust skips a few beats before replying, dropping your chin and looking at you quizzically. "You sure know how to be deceptive don't you?" Lust chuckles, though you don't understand the full meaning of what he said. 

"...Well in truth you're horrible at lying..." Lust adds quietly, and you glare at him and huff irritably. Lust giggles again, booping your nose before coming behind you and smiling at you via the mirror. 

"You... wanna fix things." Lust guesses, you nod silently, feeling Lust's smooth arms wrap around your waist as a content noise comes from him. 

Lust tilts his head to smell your hair, making you shudder. You always took these kind of gestures  from him with a grain of salt. If it was anyone else you'd feel violated, but Lust gets a pass— it's in his name. 

"You smell lovely too..." You hear Lust mumble, which makes you blush briefly. Again, not that he doesn't mean it but that's probably what he says to anyone who lets him get this close... you have to remember that. 

"I want to end the lies I told poor Paps..." You utter, driving the subject back to the original point as Lust's grip on you slackens. Something passes though his bony face. Something that doesn't look all too positive. 

Lust looks down at you with an expression that's close to a deadpan. You don't understand the sudden mood shift, but you do offer a sheepish smile as Lust checks his wrist, lifting it close to your chest while he contemplates the time, and then puts it back down. 

"You'll get caught that way." Lust chirps, more curt than expected, and you shift in his arms, but he's not wrong. 

You need to word your reasons very very carefully from now on, no matter if it's a multiverse dictator, (the author of this book—) or just some random street druggie. 

Plus, you're still on a time constraint, the image of Nightmare flashes in your head when you think about how long has passed. You wince when you realize that a day or two has probably already passed. 

Lust notices your movement, and he goes to speak but decides against it, closing his eye sockets to perhaps think over it a little more before blurting anything out. 

"We could go get Horror ourselves... then meet back up with the others on our way out... Epic and Fresh should be enough to convince smiley bones to join us." Lust speaks in a sour tone, though you don't know why. 

Either way, you'd admit he's a way better planner than you even if the plans a little cold. "Is there a way we could maybe not lie to Papyrus even more?" You ask, and feel Lust's grip tighten, making you the slightest bit uncomfortable.

"Why do you care?" 

~~~~~~~~~~

Ayo, ayo, realized most of the little end notes are about me and my life lol, so ummm... I'm gonna put the kabosh on that unless it's urgent, and start putting down stuff relevant to the story lol... unless you don't want that—

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed!!

- De Moogus 

(Science Project due tommorow! I'm still not done!)